BRSK

Associate
Hello fellow Davenporter! They haven't quite finished doing our corner of The Crescent yet, they need to hurry up!

I’m next to Cale Green Park and it’s been up for a while now. Heard they had problems with Openreach’s ducting in other areas but ours was all pole installation.

Last edited:
Associate
We are only virgin media area so have the underground routes in place. Here’s hoping.
Virgin was never installed in the street, even though the road was built in 2001, perhaps they installed the ducting for fibre etc but it didn't get used or just got used for the coppper phone lines? Not sure really

Last edited:
Associate
Yeh. What’s the reaction from the neighbours ? Do you know if they were told prior to installation of the poles?
I'm not personally aware of any complains but saying that my nearest pole have been there for years for BT Openereach.

I wasn't aware of any plans to install BRSK in my area until the poles started popping up left right and centre and I did some digging to find out its BRSK.

I know other areas have campaigned for the poles to be removed.

People are raving about it in local Facebook groups , it's the right same to say goodbye to virgin given there latest terms and allowing customers to cancel without penalty, and we're saving some cash aswell as the agent I spoke to over the phone extended the offer for 6 months

Associate
I've just been reading that BRSk give you a static IPV4 address , but is translated into a public IP address on the internet CGNAT , meaning i won't be able to access my private ip address from the internet

I have a synology NAS , does this mean i won't be able to access my NAS from an external source unless i purchase "BetterIP"

Soldato
Maybe a silly question but is BRSK FTTP or FTTC? Reason I ask is because BRSK website and BIDB.UK both say that I can get BRSK at my house but no one has been around digging up the street or putting up any poles so I'm a little confused. Currently with VM.

Caporegime
FTTP. Nobody needs to dig up streets if you already have Openreach ducting to your house because BRSK can rent space in that. I have Lit Fibre and no roadworks for Lit ever appeared. Openreach are doing FTTP now and no roadworks appear, because they're just opening up chambers that are already there

Soldato
FTTP. Nobody needs to dig up streets if you already have Openreach ducting to your house because BRSK can rent space in that. I have Lit Fibre and no roadworks for Lit ever appeared. Openreach are doing FTTP now and no roadworks appear, because they're just opening up chambers that are already there

That makes sense but BT a say I can only get 44-50Mb. VM are the only provider in my area offering decent speeds until I've seen this from BRSK. Wouldn't mind leaving VM whilst I can

Associate
Does anyone here use there own router with the BRSK BetterPhone Service and broadband?

I was wanting to use my own router with the betterphone service however support won't share the configuration to allow it??

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone here use there own router with the BRSK BetterPhone Service and broadband?

I was wanting to use my own router with the betterphone service however support won't share the configuration to allow it??
I was wondering the same, my brsk is getting installed this afternoon, and I'd prefer to use my own router for the phone. Have you checked if you can get the config from their provided router? I think you have full admin access. This is something I'll be looking at after the Engineer has finished! :)

Last edited:
Associate
I don’t use the phone but did plug my AX68 router directly into the fibre hub and ditched the Brsk router. No issues and worked immediately.

Back
Top Bottom