Bruce Lee vs Modern Martial Arts

Soldato
spirit said:
I recon bruce *** kick ass, his strike speed was so fast, he was so agile, he was pound for pound one of the strongest guys ever, also he knows street 'cause didnt he used to pick fights against people with knives n stuff in HK, just look at his 1inch punch etc & didnt jet li or jacky chan say being kicked by him was like being hit by a car or something, and the fact he trained by punching bags full of metal shavings or whatever!!

he had a 60 second knock out thing or something didnt he i dont know :\ but there is something about 60seconds against other well trained martial artists!

LoL i've just realised where this 60 seconds thing comes from...you've all been watching Dragon The Bruce Lee Story. Well it is just that..a story, nothing very factual in it.

Soldato
As far as I understand, Bruce was also a very intelligent fighter, he could analyse someones style and adjust his tactics accordingly... I heard a (possible urban legend) about him having a fight with chuck norris, and him losing the first round, but after stalling quite a bit in the second round, he "worked out chucks' style" and won the second two rounds without much trouble.

As I said, possible urban legend, but hey it makes a nice story ^^

Soldato
Visage said:
No he hasnt.

He went to work for the Chinese government to combat the Triads. Noob.
Well then he would be far too busy to fight Ordinary Harrison.

Anyway he was killed by a rivel kung fu masters Dim Mak death touch....or other such nonsence

He never fought Chuck Norris except in the film Way of the Dragon.....where he did pretty much what was said above. He did train Chuck though and Norris dominated some of the Karate tournaments of the time.

Associate
MookJong said:
LoL i've just realised where this 60 seconds thing comes from...you've all been watching Dragon The Bruce Lee Story. Well it is just that..a story, nothing very factual in it.

yeah i know lol, thats the one where he has to fight some demon or somethign isnt it,

latent memory thats all ;]

Permabanned
Could Bruce Lee take off if he was on a treadmill moving very fast.

(Loving the 'OMG he could kill someone in 0.123 seconds' posts in this thread. So deliciously childish)

Soldato
spirit said:
yeah i know lol, thats the one where he has to fight some demon or somethign isnt it,

latent memory thats all ;]

Yeah thats another explanation for his death that his family was cursed....and thats why Brandon died as well.

He actually had an alergic reaction to a perscription painkiller that was given to him when he complained of a headache while round at a co-stars house.

Associate
Can you really compare a dead dancer / boxer / martial artist / movie star to the some of the world's best MMA fighters of today? Jet Li yes, Chuck Liddell no. If Bruce was around and young then he probably could have adapted very well to the MMA style of today but the quality of fighters improves every year and their style evolves constantly...

Caporegime
jegz said:
Can, open, worms, everywhere! :eek:

What about mike tyson vs bruce lee???? :eek:

/runs

Have a read of the book "Angry White Pajamas" about a man who trained in Akindo. It seems tyson wouldnt fight the aeging grand master when tyson was in his prime (some say he was worried he would be beaten which i agree with). Boxers are good at what they do but in a real fight wih no rules a lifelong martial artist (such as Lee) would whoop them and just about every person on the planet.

UFC fighters and the like are just big muscle heads who fight like animals, I very much doubt they would beat a true martial artist (lee and norris are good but by no means the best).

Permabanned
MookJong said:
Bruces background was in Wing Chun Kung Fu, which is where the finger jabs to the eyes etc comes from. Not sure where 60 seconds thing comes from to defeat your opponent in a street fight should take around 3-10 seconds.

i was talking about the form he developed, not what he was trained in ;)

Back
Top Bottom