BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Talk Talk Business are a funny bunch, as my old Zen FTTC service has now been halted as of a few weeks ago. I've been looking around for backup options, I was going to go back with Zen but I want some provider redundancy should they have a problem.TTB have given me a go live date in a weeks’ time, but they still need to send an engineer out to put in a new phone line even though there is one there ready to be used. :D

Ive only used TTB over TT as they offer a static IP and it was cheaper, so I have just paid for the contract up front.

TTB sometimes unbundle phone lines from the BTOR network and move them across to theirs so you'd need an engineer and some work to be done their side before moving your line over.

Alternatively, the engineer you get may arrive, speak to you, see the spare line and reuse that one and ask why he was tasked out in the first place lol

Reactions: RSR

RSR

RSR

Soldato
TTB sometimes unbundle phone lines from the BTOR network and move them across to theirs so you'd need an engineer and some work to be done their side before moving your line over.

Alternatively, the engineer you get may arrive, speak to you, see the spare line and reuse that one and ask why he was tasked out in the first place lol

Yea, that's pretty much what I thought. :D

Soldato
I got the price which was advertised for new customer on their website when I upgraded. I was mid contract and they just wrote that off as you’d expect.

I’m not sure you are going to extract anything better as the price will be competitive from talk talk.

Soldato
I have never prayed for the weather to get worse like I am today. My install is scheduled tomorrow, I am hoping that tomorrows installs don't get put off due to the difficult conditions (mine is an overhead throw).

Associate
I have never prayed for the weather to get worse like I am today. My install is scheduled tomorrow, I am hoping that tomorrows installs don't get put off due to the difficult conditions (mine is an overhead throw).
Have seen Openreach engineers doing FTTP installs on my road and other neighbouring roads today and yesterday on my walks. Don't envy them at all but hats off to them for doing it in this heat

Caporegime
Tomorrow should be fine, the only issue you might have is if installs get bumped to go and do any repairs that are needed following the last couple of days

Caporegime
It's free so you might as well try it. The Wi-Fi is better than a lot of ISP-provided hardware but there are very few features and it's all app driven rather than having a web UI. Also you might not be OK with having to make an account to use it, and the Amazon ownership. I'm fairly sure you own the device though so you can sell it.

Soldato
Can I just keep using the TalkTalk Hub I already have? It's one of the newer ones, only got it last year, will it cope with 500?

I connect it to my Plumes for Wi-Fi.

Yes, assuming it’s a fairly recent one and it has Ethernet.

I didn’t get any new hardware when I switched to FTTP.

Back
Top Bottom