BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Man of Honour
...closure for all those on the edge of their seats with the Vodafone install mentioned above. OR came out today and replaced the large ONT & BBU with just a new small ONT and connected the Vodafone router. It was going to take a while to activate the new ONT so he went to the next job then phoned when it went live. Except it wasn't live. I could connect to the VF router fine but in the logs could see it wasn't getting a public IP. A reboot of the VF router triggered a firmware update, so it must have connected briefly post reboot to grab it, but after that it was denied pairing. After waiting a while then rebooting the ONT it then all kicked in :)

Man of Honour
Yeah I think they have to remove it all by a certain date? Thats the only reason I can think they would swap it as the existing kit looked good as new still. Shame to lose the battery backup, which I gather the older installs had, but he won't be using the land line so will still have mobile access should the power or fttp have issues.

Caporegime
There could be lots of reasons and we will never know, getting the units with the battery removed means nobody is going to be calling in a fault with OR when the batteries wear out. It's also possible that they swapped you to an ONT with a 2.5Gb port on so you're ready for the >1Gb services

Back
Top Bottom