BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Da[]San;23942901 said:
Looks like you have an issue with your upload. There is a faulty batch of HH3 which is limiting the upload to 10mbit. Run the BT wholesale speedtest then click on additional tests that should give you your actual BT line profile.

Do you have any links to this?

Just had Infinity installed today and although my line profile show a 20mbit upload, I cant get over 9.xmbit. It is not an OS issue as I have checked on Windows and iOS with the same results.

EDIT: Rebooted the modem whilst rewiring and looks like it might have cleared it, or maybe theres been a firmware update or something?

2599890334.png

Very happy with that.

Last edited:
As above its not throttling, if anything its the fact they've pulled off the traffic management means they are struggling with capacity - its a bad move IMO as way too many people just leave torrents, etc. running 24x7.

That's even worse (in my mind anyway).

I've also noticed youtube sometimes taking a while to buffer and my ping sometimes going mental in WOW.

I don't suppose complaining will make much difference?

I'll be moving house in a few months time and the new place should be in an FTTC area.

I know it's probably been mentioned before but what happens in situations where the master socket is downstairs somewhere but you want all the router/modem stuff upstairs on another extension?

If it helps it's a new build place so can I just say put the master socket upstairs in what will be the study?

What results do you get with test at speedtest.btwholesale.com?

12.25mb.

After running the test follow the 'Further Diagnostics' link and see what it reports for your upsteam and downstream IP profiles.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.25 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-12.68 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 12.68 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 5.79Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

:eek: :eek:

Whats happened?! I used to get 25mb+?!

Back
Top Bottom