BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Yes it does in my part of the world. I am on it with FTTP. I can't game on it unless off peak, and Iplayer buffers all time. Sad really when I was on Sky 2mb down I had 30mms stable ping, because of routing BT take London - Skipton - London - Wider World and load balancing of cores at Ilford and Ealing when busy pings to BBC can reach 150ms to 200ms, If I reset the FTTP modem I can switch core and it will be other way round pings to BBC 20ms to other UK sites 150ms - 200ms again.

If you want the speed it's good, but gaming I am not impressed.

Yes it does in my part of the world. I am on it with FTTP. I can't game on it unless off peak, and Iplayer buffers all time. Sad really when I was on Sky 2mb down I had 30mms stable ping, because of routing BT take London - Skipton - London - Wider World and load balancing of cores at Ilford and Ealing when busy pings to BBC can reach 150ms to 200ms, If I reset the FTTP modem I can switch core and it will be other way round pings to BBC 20ms to other UK sites 150ms - 200ms again.

If you want the speed it's good, but gaming I am not impressed.

It's not routed to Skipton (bug in ip location), it's Sheffield and that's only 30 miles north - so I get about 12ms pings to BBC.

I don't really use the 76mbit I get now tbh.

Things are getting even worse. BT set a new date of 15th April, which is not acceptable as our current internet will finish before then. Spoke to crap support in India again on wednesdsy who said they will ring us on Friday to confirm an earlier date, and guess what, they didn't ring. So phoned them up again to be greeted with a message they are closed today, so they were never going to ring todsy in the first place. What a joke, starting to regret this already...

Still no news on Infinity for us.

Supposed to have gotten it in January 2011, it's now March 2013 and still no availability.

The joys of living in a Welsh village eh?

While I move house I will be tethering my phone, not bad though hey?

2612173225.png

I'm find that confusing as the engineer working on the cabinet said that it would be working shortly and I can't believe that we will have to wait another year for service availability. Anyway an email has gone out to '[email protected]' asking for more info.

Checked my brothers address as he had a cab put in about a month ago & it has the same date. Seems they have just put them all back really far for some reason?

Checked my brothers address as he had a cab put in about a month ago & it has the same date. Seems they have just put them all back really far for some reason?

Don't believe a word anyone working on or install the cab tells you, they don't have a clue when it will be live and pull dates from fresh air.

Sam Knows shows a date for FTTC is today, however clicking on the link above for BT does not show anything even mentioning fibre?

As my line is wih sky I had to input my address, but the bt checker only come up with WBC ADSL 2+

I guess things may update soon, or is here a similar checker for sky?

After being told just how difficult, make that almost impossible, it is to get a line profile reset I discovered just how quick and easy it is to do yesterday.

Any OR engineer who tells you it can't be reset is either lacking technical knowledge at best or at worst they're lying to you.

All they need is your OGEA service ID and a mobile phone.

After being told just how difficult, make that almost impossible, it is to get a line profile reset I discovered just how quick and easy it is to do yesterday.

Any OR engineer who tells you it can't be reset is either lacking technical knowledge at best or at worst they're lying to you.

All they need is your OGEA service ID and a mobile phone.

Doesnt it happen automatically every 5-6 days anyway?

If you are still experiencing slowed speeds, maybe there's a fault.

Doesnt it happen automatically every 5-6 days anyway?

If you are still experiencing slowed speeds, maybe there's a fault.

In theory yes it should be automated and fix itself within days.

In reality line profiles can be reduced when no fault is present (power cuts, accidentally turning off modem once too many times etc) and get also get "stuck".

I've had FTTC for nearly three years now and it's happened to me a few times.

It's not routed to Skipton (bug in ip location), it's Sheffield and that's only 30 miles north - so I get about 12ms pings to BBC.

I don't really use the 76mbit I get now tbh.

I don't often use the full speeds of it... but when I do... DLing bioshock infinite on steam at the moment at a solid 9MByte/s :D 15gig in ~25 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom