BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

The BT checker estimates a line speed of 22mbps. For about the first 10 months of having BT Infinity, it was circa 25ish.

All I've done so far is reboot the router and the modem. Not sure what else to try?

Yesterday our speed went up to 7143 kbps/1036 kbps, the highest it's ever been. Today I popped out to post some letters and there is a nice new FTTC cabinet with an engineer working at it. He was just finishing with the power supply and said it would be operational shortly. The long wait is almost finally over!

Just had infinity installed. Engineer told me my cab is a mile away and not close one, he agreed it was strange. Quoted 22mb, getting 17/18mb at best. Up speed is good though, around the 8mb mark. Still a decent upgrade from 2.5mb down and 0.5mb up.

Having a few issues with connecting wireless devices to the hub though, seems to only allow 1 at the minute.

Could anyone point me in the direction of good dlan plugs to use, think my current ones aren't good enough.

Cheers, all.

[TW]Fox;24013350 said:
The BT checker estimates a line speed of 22mbps. For about the first 10 months of having BT Infinity, it was circa 25ish.

All I've done so far is reboot the router and the modem. Not sure what else to try?
Have you called support, you might as well log it and see if its a fault.

[TW]Fox;24013350 said:

Pretty much half of your estimate, go on the BT infinity forums and speak to one of the mods on there, they will assist you in a much much better way than the Indians on the other end of the phone.

Pretty much half of your estimate, go on the BT infinity forums and speak to one of the mods on there, they will assist you in a much much better way than the Indians on the other end of the phone.

This.

Or if you have twitter contact them via that and they'll get back to you.

Don't bother calling them up.

My infinity was supposed to be installed yesterday. Waited around all day and nobody showed up. After a long call to India they said the engineer had a crash...nice of them to tell us in advance instead of letting us sit around wasting a day.

Now they said they will contact us on Friday to rearrange a date.

Not good first impressions from BT...

Fibre on Demand - Openreach confirm 29th April for roll-out

The trials of Fibre on Demand are almost over, we now have a confirmed date of 29th April 2013 for when the service will become available under Early Market Deployment terms and conditions. For those businesses and Internet geeks who have been adding up the pennies from their change jars it is not the time to smash them just yet, this is just the product launching to the wholesale market, so it will take time for the retail providers to consider what they are doing.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Back
Top Bottom