BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

More information regarding the HH4.

Well I`m still trialling the HH4 so I dont get how they can roll it out to customers 10th May when its still on trial !

Wont go in to too much detail as they have been jumping on people who are on the trial discussing it but there is one slightly annoying issue with my HH4 that the latest firmware didnt fix. Its nothing to do with performance or connectivity its what the web page settings display or dont display would be more correct.

;)

I like this bit too

The highlight of the new design appears to be a glowing blue light on the front which, BT says, can be dimmed to suit your tastes.

I hate it. It wouldnt mind if it pulsated like a Cylon eye.
I think I upset them a bit as there is an option for bright or dim and I asked if you could turn it off. They said no even though I gave valid reasons.

13:41hrs Update

just checked my emails and I have one saying the BT trial ends Friday and afterwards I can keep the HH4. No mention of fixing the issue I have with it.

Checked my issues log and the one I mentioned above has no update on. Bit miffed actually. I shall share to hell with it. On the home network screen even though I have 5 devices connected wirelessly and via ethernet the HH4 shows no devices connected. The latest firmware even replaces the HH4 picture with a HH3 picture on one screen. They also supplied a 5ghz USB wifi dongle to use and this doesnt show up as connected.

I must admit whether you use 5ghz or 2.4ghz wifi devices we have noticed the connection via wireless is noticeably faster. My wife can see a definite improvement.

Last edited:
Saw group of workmen in the road where our cabinet is when I left home for work this morning. At lunchtime there wasn't any sign of activity. According to roadworks.org the work is supposed to be complete by this Friday. I'm off work the rest of this week so know me I'll be watching it like a hawk.

Turns out that using homeplugs with the modem don't give the full homeplug speed somehow.

Homeplug on it's own (into OpenReach Modem) - 50Mb
Homeplug via HomeHub3 - 30Mb Max
Direct Ethernet connection to HomeHub - 75Mb

Doesn't make any sense.

After an update (manually) to the latest HomeHub 3A firmware I can now get proper speeds from the Hub via homeplugs.

My homehub wasn't automatically updating to the latest firmware and it seems the old one didn't work properly with homeplugs limiting the download speed to 20mbits.

Looked on the ADSL availability checker and the FTTC availability entry for our cabinet has gone. :( I hope it's not bad news, sent an email and fingers crossed.

Same thing has happened with mine and gizmoy2k's from the previous page. Postcode still works but FTTC has disappeared from the full address checker for me, was previously estimated for the end of June.

Same thing has happened with mine and gizmoy2k's from the previous page. Postcode still works but FTTC has disappeared from the full address checker for me, was previously estimated for the end of June.

Just seen the posts. Previously NGA Enquiries told me our target was the end of June so there may be hope that something good is afoot.

Back
Top Bottom