BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

eh up! Something has appeared around the corner today.

IMG_1449.jpg

Lucky you! There's still no sign of any cabinets in my town. This is despite the fact that near enough every town and village around my area has it now :mad:

After being told up to a few weeks ago BT Infinity wasn't available in my area, today i've managed to order Infinity 160. Couple of questions, is it really FTTP? I don't see how they're going to replace the copper cable going from the cabinet through the telegraph pole to my house with fibre?

And do i need to get a MAC code from my current provider? BT never mentioned it in the ordering process, just that you need to cancel your existing broadband.

Thanks

It is FTTP, that is if you're set to get it. I think you can only get 160 if you are getting FTTP.

A fibre line is run into the house and into the openreach modem (the optical one).

It is FTTP, that is if you're set to get it. I think you can only get 160 if you are getting FTTP.

A fibre line is run into the house and into the openreach modem (the optical one).

Hmm i'm skeptical there hasn't been some almighty **** up then. The cabinet is a few roads away so i seriously doubt they're running a load of fibre from there through all the telegraph poles to my house.

Oh well, we shall see!

Kind of why i wanted to know if i need a MAC code. I don't want to request it only to find out i can't get Infinity after all.

Hmm i'm skeptical there hasn't been some almighty **** up then. The cabinet is a few roads away so i seriously doubt they're running a load of fibre from there through all the telegraph poles to my house.

Oh well, we shall see!

Kind of why i wanted to know if i need a MAC code. I don't want to request it only to find out i can't get Infinity after all.

How did you order? Phone or website? Did it mention anything about a site visit?

I was skeptical too until the engineer came for the first visit to lay the fibre.

If you have only one engineer visit date then it might not be FTTP.

How did you order? Phone or website? Did it mention anything about a site visit?

I was skeptical too until the engineer came for the first visit to lay the fibre.

If you have only one engineer visit date then it might not be FTTP.

Online. It said they would need to arrange a vist to do a survey. Then gave me two dates, 27th for a survey and some kind of exterior work. Then the 7th for internal bits.

Thanks

After being told up to a few weeks ago BT Infinity wasn't available in my area, today i've managed to order Infinity 160. Couple of questions, is it really FTTP? I don't see how they're going to replace the copper cable going from the cabinet through the telegraph pole to my house with fibre?

Thanks

Whats the installation costs for this?

How Much is it Per Month? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Whats the installation costs for this?

How Much is it Per Month? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Nothing for installation, and £35/month + £10 line rental (which i was already paying with ADSL) bundled with BT Sports & ESPN (online) and i think they throw in a £50 Sainsburys voucher or something.

Which exchange?

Leytonstone, which is FTTC and FTTP but i've never seen any work being done on cabs or nodes near me.

Back
Top Bottom