BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

There is usually a white number on the cabinet, have a look next time you're passing. Don't get mixxed up with FTTC and FTTP when emailing them if you want an accurate date ;)

:D

Ive emailed them - Ive told them my exchange im on and the Cabinet I'm being served by (Cabinet 43)

Will let you know what i get back :)

Wow you're nearby :)

FTTP was live since April

Cool. Are you in a new build or anything with fibre already installed, or did they actually come and replace all your cable with fibre?

I did just check the BT Wholesale checker and it now says "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Trees."

Before it just had ADSL2.

Still amazed they're going to replace the cable all the way from the cabinet through the telegraph pole into my house with fibre for free! I'll await with baited breath for the survey...

Cool. Are you in a new build or anything with fibre already installed, or did they actually come and replace all your cable with fibre?

I did just check the BT Wholesale checker and it now says "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Trees."

Before it just had ADSL2.

Still amazed they're going to replace the cable all the way from the cabinet through the telegraph pole into my house with fibre for free! I'll await with baited breath for the survey...

Nope, just a standard house. The engineer just ran the cable (well I got the cable from the first visit and ran it under the floors via ducting to under the stairs) next to the copper line cable.

It goes from the telephone pole to the CSP (Customer Splice Point) outside the house, and then joins up there all the way to inside the house and into the Openreach modem.

I think I've read somewhere that you can have the CSP inside your house but I didn't get that option or the engineer didn't want to do the extra work for it.

Well my number has disappeared completely from all the checkers today. I have been told June previously despite the checker saying March 2014. Here's hoping it's off the system getting a proper activation date

Well my number has disappeared completely from all the checkers today. I have been told June previously despite the checker saying March 2014. Here's hoping it's off the system getting a proper activation date

Sometimes a number, address or postcode loses FTTC from the checker when it's being changed to accepting orders, the estimated date has passed and they're updating it, or even disappear then reappear days later with no change.

Could mean everything or nothing :p

Nervous times ahead for me.. I'm moving house to a nearby village and the availability checker says that Infinity should be available May - June 2013. My parents live in the same village, and their address *can* already get Infinity, so hopefully my new local cab will be enabled soon.

I can't get VM, and I've had Infinity at my current address for over two years - I can't go back to normal ADSL :eek: :(

Q: Been on BT Infinty 80mb deal for a while. The talk of them being unlimited now, which I see advertised, means your p2p traffic is no longer throttled after 12? Haven't seen any difference in my service if thats the case.

Q: Been on BT Infinty 80mb deal for a while. The talk of them being unlimited now, which I see advertised, means your p2p traffic is no longer throttled after 12? Haven't seen any difference in my service if thats the case.

It's treated as a separate package. You need to call up and agree to renew your contract to switch.

I am on BT Infinity 1 - Unlimited, Does this mean I am on the package where I should not be throttled?

Was Predicted 23.3MB Down - 5.3MB Up from the minute I went like and 4 day's later still consistantly getting 26/27MB Down - 6/6.5MB Up which I am more than happy with moving up from half a MB/1MB.

Although last night I got home and did a speed test as the internet was slow! 0.53 Down, 0.1 Up.. Restarted the Hub and normal service resumed, Does anyone else get this time to time, also does anyone know why this happens?

Overall if it keeps up I am extremely happy.

Also, 300GB per month under the FUP? How do I look at my monthly usage, is this possible?

Last edited:
It's treated as a separate package. You need to call up and agree to renew your contract to switch.

Ty. Another 12 month contract... Well, haven't had a complaint so far, had hoped Be would have had Fibre by now but that's an impossible dream now they've been bought out. The connection won't change an iota with this 'separate' package' other than no throttling? Pings are good, streaming is fine, don't want to risk anything!

My FFTC is in. Finally ditched VM as I was only getting 25mbps on their 120mbps service.

Now getting 50/20 on FTTC. iPlayer and youtube both now play in HD without buffering, so I doubt I'll miss the headline speed.

They scrapped the FUP a long time ago.

So the Unlimited means Unlimited? (Ironically enough)

The other night I must have downloaded about 5GB, I then did a speed test afterwards and my speed had halfed, I decided to go to sleep.. woke up with normal speeds again?

Do you have any light to shed on how my speed dropepd to below 1MB until I restarted out of curiousity? It had not been used all day for the record.

Back
Top Bottom