BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Contacted BT via live chat and was told existing customers can upgrade to the HH4 from June 1st for £35.

Ive just upgraded for free, we had a genuine fault with our HH3, they sent out the HH4 as a replacement.

I'm sure you could say that your HH3 is acting the goat and playing up, you would probably get the HH4 as a replacement.

Don't restart the modem.

Hmmmm, when we had a problem with our HH3 dropping the connection quite a lot the woman at technical support told us to reset the modem via the reset switch.

It doesn't half take a while for the internet speed to get back upto full whack after you have done a reset.

I've highlighted the parts of this sentence that don't make sense

Hmmmm, when we had a problem with our HH3 dropping the connection quite a lot the woman at technical support told us to reset the modem via the reset switch.

When you say dropping the connection, how?
It's almost never necessary to restart the modem in theory, always try the router first.

I've highlighted the parts of this sentence that don't make sense

When you say dropping the connection, how?
It's almost never necessary to restart the modem in theory, always try the router first.

This was the advice that BT tech support gave once they had tried all avenues with the router that included resetting it etc etc, i was told by them to press the reset button on the modem to see if that helps.

The internet would be on then all of a sudden it would go off for a while then come back on.

Moving house and finally can get some decent BB :D

Is there any compelling reason to get BT Infinity over Sky Fibre Unlimited? The Sky is cheaper and seems to have better fair usage policies. Other than getting the BT Sport channels for free (which I don't want), is there any killer features of BT that make it a better option before I just order Sky?

I currently get my phone line rental from Sky too.

Do I need to use the Sky/BT router, or can I use my own existing ADSL router with an FTTC connection?

Had BT Infinity for nearly 2 months now. I've enjoyed it. Beats Sky Adsl but I am only getting 18mb down and 12mb up, which is disappointing me considering people are getting 30-70mb down.

For some reason my cab is over a mile and half away, then my exchange is like 3 miles away! There are 2 cabs on my road though, wondering why isn't my house on either of them? Makes no sense. Is there an ability to get it moved?

Had BT Infinity for nearly 2 months now. I've enjoyed it. Beats Sky Adsl but I am only getting 18mb down and 12mb up, which is disappointing me considering people are getting 30-70mb down.

For some reason my cab is over a mile and half away, then my exchange is like 3 miles away! There are 2 cabs on my road though, wondering why isn't my house on either of them? Makes no sense. Is there an ability to get it moved?

It's extremely unlikely you'll manage to get things moved. Maybe with a new phone line order but once again, super unlikely.

Do you have any extensions in your home? Internal wiring can be an issue.

Looks like my town will be finally getting FTTC activated this summer woohoo ! i think im around 130/140meters from the cabinet,which is the best bang for buck ISP ? i noticed sky do a pro package at £30pm but bt infinity 2 is cheaper at £26,any others worth looking at ?

Plusnet possibly? Don't know if they're any good, but they do fttc, and it looks cheap..

How long is the wait for an install with BT? Signed up last night for Infinity 2. Have to move the phone over to BT too though, which might delay it.

Back
Top Bottom