BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
I'm on Unlimited Infinity 2 package but my Line Rental is due for renewal but I don't use the house phone much as friends and family rings me on my mobile and I have unlimited minutes, so I was wondering can I still use their broadband without the phone package?

Also, what would happen to my house phone number, does BT give it to someone else?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I'm on Unlimited Infinity 2 package but my Line Rental is due for renewal but I don't use the house phone much as friends and family rings me on my mobile and I have unlimited minutes, so I was wondering can I still use their broadband without the phone package?

Also, what would happen to my house phone number, does BT give it to someone else?

You have to pay line rental. You can cancel a call package, if you pay extra for one and it's out of contract.

Caporegime

You need to pay for the copper line at some point. If you go with Vodafone then they abstract this cost away from you but I can't see how it's a sustainable price.

Your number will port to your new provider, you won't lose it.

Permabanned
I have moved from Plusnet to BT and my transfer will occur next week. Is it possible that I can still use my Huwaei Openreach modem and Asus AC87U router? With plusnet I just entered my username and password in the router and it worked trouble free for years so just wondered if the same applies for BT as I don't intend to use the HH6

Thanks

Soldato
I have moved from Plusnet to BT and my transfer will occur next week. Is it possible that I can still use my Huwaei Openreach modem and Asus AC87U router? With plusnet I just entered my username and password in the router and it worked trouble free for years so just wondered if the same applies for BT as I don't intend to use the HH6

Thanks

It should work fine.

Only change I recall is the BT UN/PW is [email protected] and password can be whatever e.g. BT or password.

Associate
You have to pay line rental. You can cancel a call package, if you pay extra for one and it's out of contract.

You need to pay for the copper line at some point. If you go with Vodafone then they abstract this cost away from you but I can't see how it's a sustainable price.

Your number will port to your new provider, you won't lose it.
So in order to use BT broadband, I must pay line rental as the broadband comes through that line?

Man of Honour
Seems like BT support is still poor

Truly abysmal. My town has has major issues going on for months that have not been resolved, but the internal communication is essentially non-existent so hundreds of individual faults go unlinked. It's basially taken community action to collate data and share with senior parties at Openreach, BT Group and local goovernment to get any sort of acknowledgement, but the issues are still on-going:

-Frequent disconnects experienced by hundreds of residents (often around 10-30 per connection per day)
-Noise on lines, disconnects when phone rings (again not isolated incidents, nothing to do with local wiring/filters etc)
-Lack of progress on FTTC rollout
-People having to wait months to get even an ADSL connection due to over-subscription
-Cabs that are upgraded to fibre having no capacity, again going on for months
-Some residents have had more than 10 engineer callouts, engineers have to go through the motions but admit it is due to faulty equipment at the exchange - allegedly in the process of finally being replaced many months after problems were reported

These problems have been going on since last year but still you phone up to report a fault and you try to explain that it is due to it external faults and many others in the area having issue, is the usual irrelevant nonsense about 'are you using wired or wireless' that has zero bearing on the actual adsl connection itself, you tell these muppets yes I have plugged directly into test socket an they make you go through it all again and then say 'oh we will phone you back in 24hrs to see if the problem has gone away' (normally they don't bother, but if they do it would probably bring the DSL connection down).

And the ******s still have the cheek to send you junk mail advertising their services.

[Yes, I know that BT Retail can't fix all these problems, but it was about time for a rant - at least some ISPs have tech support that you can have a conversation with rather than just read from a script]

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
BT finally have our cabinet in their upgrade plans, been told by senior management that it is in the plan for this year to be completed by March '17.

We now appear on the BT where and when pages after 3 years of not existing in their plans either way, sat on the 'field survey' stage so crossing fingers no issues and it actually happens!

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Does anyone know what Quidco mean by 'standalone Broadband' under BT cashback?

All of BT's products come with line rental and weekend calls.

I'm looking at Unlimited Infinity 1. Is this product, with the weekend calls package, eligible for Quidco's £115 Broadband & Calls cashback?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom