BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
Just had my BT Infinity activated :)

Here's what I get from my dads Sky fiber (on wifi, router located downstairs):

5779295189.png

From BT Infinity, wired:

5779287019.png

I guess I can't complain at double the speed. I just wanted a really stable connection when gaming :D too much lag on the Sky line, via wifi. It was horrible.

Soldato
Is that ping correct? I can't see wifi managing to ping the router that quickly let alone an internet server. I get 11ms wired into an 80Mb/s connection. Odd!

Associate
So my cabinet went live 4 months ago, only just got round to looking into fiber.

Went to look and cabinet full already! no capacity plans in place. Why is it so difficult to get a decent internet connection these days! unless you jump on it within 1 week you are left high and dry!

Associate
Yeah, apparently when my line was activated yesterday, there was like notes inside the cabinet saying how it's so full, etc. Good thing I got mine activated there, though (cabinet is literally outside my house) :D

Associate
Your own tardiness has resulted in your situation!

How is this "tardiness" they have obviously not thought about the amount of take up at all here. Not everyone snaps it up the second it goes live do they.

This situation is quite frankly ridiculous. If its filled up within 4 months they have barely covered 10% of the houses in this area!

Caporegime
I'd say '4 months' isn't 'the second it goes live'. They do add existing capacity sometimes but you'd be better off looking out for 'for sale' signs and trying to nip in before someone else does.

Soldato
I've been upgraded from Infinity 1 to Infinity 2 for renewing for 12 months.

I should be getting roughly 76mb but i'm lucky if I get it over 51mb

Downstream: 53.75 Mbps
Upstream: 15.45 Mbps

5782422981.png

On the BT wholesale checker it says the following:

VDSL Range A (Clean) 60.4 44.2 15.9 10.4 -- Available -- --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 46.6 25 13 6 -- Available -- --

It used to have a clean of over 70 when I moved in a year ago......?

Last edited:
Soldato
Anybody have the price guide for FTTP before I call BT?

EDIT: NVM, Called them and they said they have no services available, BTWholesale shows it does though, oh well. Might just go for a second line + infinity.

Last edited:

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Anybody have the price guide for FTTP before I call BT?

EDIT: NVM, Called them and they said they have no services available, BTWholesale shows it does though, oh well. Might just go for a second line + infinity.

FTTP on demand is a different kettle of fish.

Associate
So I just had BT Infinity 1 installed recently as it was on a brilliant deal, and I'm getting speeds nearly the same as Infinity 2 offered, last night on wifi I had 78Mbps down and 22 up...

Can't say I'm unhappy with that!

Soldato
Always possible someone's been set on the wrong profile, but I'd have thought that would be discovered sooner rather than later and sync speed should drop back to 52.

Associate
Should be switching to infinity 1 today from sky ADSL. Mrs just called to say she has no internet so hopefully BT won't take long to get it up and running. Just discovered this morning I'm only about 100m from my cabinet so hoping for some good speeds

Back
Top Bottom