BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
it's running SG4B10002244 which downloaded on the 1st Feb which was the day I got it and it's literally not missed a beat.
You got it 1st Feb ?
Ahh, Give it time. ;)

Since mine got 2244 its been behaving itself but even people with 2244 are having problems.

Just called BT to give notice and all
they could offer me was the same off that is in my account. of £33.49 for Infinity 2.
Is that with or without line rental ? If its with thats a bargain! If not then bah!

If you sign into My BT and go to the upgrade my broadband page do you see a "offers" link as I got £5 off.

Associate
I did ring bt last week and said I was leaving due to the price increase. Guy I spoke to didn't even try and keep me, he just activated my 30 window for switching. I was paying £53.99 for infinity 2, line and weekend calls. I went and ordered fibre with EE which was offering almost the same for £32.50 per month. Rang BT just now as I had a letter to say I would need to pay a fee to change. And I got put through to customer options team, the guy really wanted to keep my custom, I've now cancelled the EE order and stayed with BT. New price is £33.49 per month, saving £20.50 a month

Associate
What's the number people are using to phone bt to "discuss" the account? About time I either a)quit or b)sorted the price out. I was on Bt Yahoo option 3 back in the day.

I just called the 0800 800 150 and when asked what the call was about. I said cancellation, but like ive said make sure you speak to the customer options team.

Associate
I did ring bt last week and said I was leaving due to the price increase. Guy I spoke to didn't even try and keep me, he just activated my 30 window for switching. I was paying £53.99 for infinity 2, line and weekend calls. I went and ordered fibre with EE which was offering almost the same for £32.50 per month. Rang BT just now as I had a letter to say I would need to pay a fee to change. And I got put through to customer options team, the guy really wanted to keep my custom, I've now cancelled the EE order and stayed with BT. New price is £33.49 per month, saving £20.50 a month

Is that £33.49 including line rental, or is that extra?

Associate
Currently with Virgin who are having my pants down at £74 a month. (TV, BB and Phone)

I get a solid 100mb p/s with virgin and its only really drops to around 45 during peak times as i'm quite close to the exchange.

I can get a full BT package (including 4k BT sport which is very appealing to me) with 52mb BB on the infinity 1 deal @ £47.99 all in.

Anybody had any negative experiences with BT Broadband? I don't download much but do play a lot of online games.

Soldato
Currently with Virgin who are having my pants down at £74 a month. (TV, BB and Phone)

I get a solid 100mb p/s with virgin and its only really drops to around 45 during peak times as i'm quite close to the exchange.

I can get a full BT package (including 4k BT sport which is very appealing to me) with 52mb BB on the infinity 1 deal @ £47.99 all in.

Anybody had any negative experiences with BT Broadband? I don't download much but do play a lot of online games.

The major issues with BT at the moment seem to be the Indian Customer Service and if you get a duff HH6 in the lottery. Dont know whether its still true now but when I worked for a Business ISP we always tried to ring BT around 1pm as we knew we would hit the BT Customer Service in Wales. Other times we were shunted off to India.

Caporegime
Yeah I had a HH6 issue (green LED indicating a failed boot, requiring a power cycle). The online chat support wanted to do cookie clearing, send someone round to look at the line etc. when the issue was plain to see.

I couldn't be bothered to follow up so I left it and the latest firmware has fixed a lot of the issues.

Associate
Just called BT to give notice and all they could offer me was the same off that is in my account. of £33.49 for Infinity 2.
Best they would offer me is £45.99 so I guess i'll be moving away, just not sure who to!

PlusNet, John Lewis (believe this is PlusNet) and EE seem to be similarly priced at £30 - £35 then Zen and Sky at similar prices to BT. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom