BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
My speed is so slow:
2031802311.png

However downloaded 16MB ps at uni! so dam fast

Associate
bts site still says register for interest but nothing else :(

openreach says AO so i guess i need to calpl BT

sam knows said 30th june then 1st june :/ which is odd as i still cannot order lol

BT's rollout info still states 30th june

You need to use this checker

BT start accepting orders at an exchange when a reasonable number of cabinets on an exchange are ready - even if others are not - but only on those telephone numbers where the cabinet is ready.

When the date on the checker changes from a 'quarter end' one for your own telephone number then your own cabinet will be going live..

Soldato
Man from BT phoned about my tweets. Apparently he looked into it as much as he could but all Openreach would tell him was that it was down to contracting issues. Many apologies, listened to my rant about it feeling like we are being strung along etc etc.

No change, not that I was expecting anything.

Associate
Hmm, I wonder how everybody is getting such good pings. My bandwidth is about 70/16, but my pings (apparently regardless of test server) rarely go below 22ms. Not that it's a problem, but one is allowed to be picky...

Soldato
I'm so jealous............:(:(:(:(:(

BTW, your ping seems high? I thought many people got 5ms...

The engineer said it may settle down but honestly I'm not too bothered as I don't play games.

Just hit my current speed limit while downloading a 'test' file at 7.3Mb/sec :)

16GB in less than an hour!

Edit.. Just for reference I'm getting this speed through a pair of Devolo dLAN 200 AV home-plugs :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit.. Just for reference I'm getting this speed through a pair of Devolo dLAN 200 AV home-plugs :)

Nice one,

I am going to be using them around the house with my Infinity setup once we have un-packed!!

Just moved house.

First thing i did was get Sky and BT to turn up on the same day we moved in lol.

Getting decent speeds testing on my Galaxy S3 over WIFI but havent even begun to unpack all my kit yet.

One issue though, and im getting annoyed now, at work so canna chase. Since the Infinity install on Saturday we cant make out going calls.

Before the chap turned up it was fine. We can however receive incoming calls.

Dial tone is present, when you dial the number it waits ages and stated number not recorgnised.

Soldato
Just got another general fob off from openreach regarding my date slip form June to September

The only information Openreach can provide about the commercial project is on the fibre rollout site :-
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/

In your locality further works are required for which permissions are needed. It probably is going to be the end of the year before your Communications Provider (CP) is likely to have further information, assuming there are no major issues.

Your Communications Provider (CP) is responsible for all aspects of your service including advising on the services they can supply at your address. Openreach are a supplier to CPs and are restrained from dealing directly with their customers. Please contact your CP to register your interest so they are aware and can contact you at such time in the future as they have additional information.

So why do they bother moving in 3 month slots or providing dates at all until they are near certain its about to go live

Don
How good are you guys finding the service?
I think I'm going to move away from Virgin Cable after the debacle that was the repair to my line.
Up until now though the service has been good (50Mb) and I'm reluctant to move to something that may not give me as reliable a connection.
Have you guys suffered any outages? How are customer services when you call them if there's been an issue?

Soldato
I had a billing issue when I upgraded (seems I did it wrong so it was taken as a completely new order, billed for the year up front and newly started service etc) from 40-80Mb.

Called them as I was in Greece, they weren't able to sort it quite as quick as I needed and it would have taken the usual 2-3 working days.
Called my bank and had the direct debit payment shot down in flight.
Called them when back and sorted with the first call, even with the mumbai call centre chappy. Not sure what it would be like with a proper fault but at least its BT all the way so they can't argue with anyone about who's fault it is.

Service wise - awesome. Had zero downtime since December, always had the speeds advertised and always good (around 10-20ms) pings in games.

Back
Top Bottom