bulgaria - romania to join the EU good or bad

Permabanned
Don't take this the wrong way as i know next to nothing about modern bulgaria...

Have they changed their ways away from being a police state? Used to be that the people of bulgaria lived in fear of the secret police. There also used to be a huge distrust for foreigners, even foreigners from near by countries but not least the US. It was to the extent that a LOT of phone calls were listened into, phone calls by natives and foreigners alike. Mail would constantly be read before it made its way to its destination... you know the sort of way of life i mean. Given what i know of this country is based on a history 70-80 years old i'm in no way indicating that this is how they are now and would not make judgement based on what i've read in books about things that happened a long time ago. I'm just curious is all.

Permabanned
Lord_Kokain said:
well, if 600,000 is for ALL eastern Europeans being settled in Britain at that point, thats not extraordinarily high since the immigration from there has been going on from the early 90s(not to mention quite a few that managed to escape the regimes before that). After all, just the Indian originating population in Britain is something like more than a million.

600,000 for all eastern european immigration in the last 24 months against Govt predicitons of 26,000.

Soldato
AJUK said:
Perhaps you lot can suffer with a Sangat style camp right next to your border. Oh and don't forget, Turkey are next after this lot. That'll be nice for your Greeks won't it.

i think the thread says bulgaria and romania, besides turkey is another issue which needs to be examined in depth-imho turkey cant join in the near future

sangat style camp :confused: ?

PS. you must know that GR is the only EU nation with no land access to another EU nation, the fact that our products can travel to Germany-central europe using lorries and travel within hours is a huge benefit, the balkan wars have been a brake to our growth.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Romania and Bulgaria joining Europe,

For all I know these countries are full of scammers and black marketing. I have talked to many Romanians and all of them if they could they would leave their country tomorrow. The problem isn't that Romanians/Bulgarians will come to our island but that they bring too much scum with them. Can we filter the scum? That's the key.
Am sick of being a witness of the troubles foreigners cause to our island. I used go to the centre of London every Saturday and 90% of the times that I saw police trying to cool things down it was about foreigners causing troubles/instigating fights. In addition am usually approached by Romanians who want to sell me stollen computers and i can go on and on with examples of how much corruption they bring.
The point here is that I dont see the same things frequently caused by british people! These things ain't just coincidences nor a perceptual positionalities, they are a fact of how much damage immigration does if not regulated properly. I heared a while ago how some people are planning to vote BNP :eek: because of their immigration policies. It goes to show you....
I no longer go out in the weekend as its jus't too dangerous and i like to have peaceful nights.
They ruin our island :mad:
Am happy to accomodate every race BUT at the same time I expect that they will conduct themselves properly and not behave like uncivilized species.
My parents used to live in London 50 years ago and they tell me how much better it was back then. Things are getting worse evidently....

Associate
Despite what i've said above, I have to agree with you on the unsavoury elements coming in. Those should not be allowed in or be chucked out when they commit a crime.

Dont blame all the crime on them though. I stay in because i have just as much to fear from the local yobs (yes BRITISH yobs) and those imported EU ones. I havent experienced it first hand, but i think a british punch would hurt just as much as a EU punch. But then again, some of them lithuanians look really rough.

Associate
VIRII said:
600,000 for all eastern european immigration in the last 24 months against Govt predicitons of 26,000.

hmm ,well, that can be a bit disturbing I suppose though then the question is whats been defined by settling into the UK because people come and go. I mean surely lots of Poles came over but I expect few of them to remain here in long term.

PS. you must know that GR is the only EU nation with no land access to another EU nation, the fact that our products can travel to Germany-central europe using lorries and travel within hours is a huge benefit, the balkan wars have been a brake to our growth.

I think that only narrow-minded people would believe that there are current tensions between Greece and its EU-wannabe regional neighbors(Bulgaria and Romania though not sure about Turkey). At least trade-wise, things are going pretty well so far and the EU entry should help even more. You mentioned land-traveling but there is also a good benefit for the new members,esp.Bulgaria, in having easy access to ports such as Thessaloniki(sp?)

Back
Top Bottom