Burnout Paradise Official Thread

How do you record a time on a certain road? Do you just have to drive from one end to the other as quick as possible?

Also, what is the difference between online and offline times? Just that you were in freeburn mode when you did it?

How do you record a time on a certain road? Do you just have to drive from one end to the other as quick as possible?

Also, what is the difference between online and offline times? Just that you were in freeburn mode when you did it?

If you just go to the traffic lights at one end of the road with either Online or Offline turned on the timer will start. (Best to get a run up)

Online is just the fastest time set by anyone online. Offline is the fastest time you have set. There are set times to be though before you rule the road in offline.

You need to press Up on the dpad (Freeburn mode has no bearing on this) and either toggle between Offline Time or Online Time (The other two options are for Online Crash and Offline Crash for the Showtime). Then when you pass the beginning of that road a timer starts till you reach the end of the road.

There is an offline time (set by CPU/devs0 and an Online time which is defined as someone on your friends list. Regardless for which one you complete it will update both.

So say Nakamura Drive Offline time is 10 secs, online time is 7 secs. In either mode, if I get it in 5 secs, both get updated, if I do it in 9 secs then only offline time is "beaten".

When you toggle the 4 modes (using Up on dpad) the road sign will change between red and silver. Red means you don;t have *** fastest score/time (offline or online) Silver means you have the highest score/time for that mode. So in the above example if I did it in 9 secs my offline mode would be silver, but my online would be read.
Same principle for the Crash/Showtime as well.

You need to press Up on the dpad (Freeburn mode has no bearing on this) and either toggle between Offline Time or Online Time (The other two options are for Online Crash and Offline Crash for the Showtime). Then when you pass the beginning of that road a timer starts till you reach the end of the road.

There is an offline time (set by CPU/devs0 and an Online time which is defined as someone on your friends list. Regardless for which one you complete it will update both.

So say Nakamura Drive Offline time is 10 secs, online time is 7 secs. In either mode, if I get it in 5 secs, both get updated, if I do it in 9 secs then only offline time is "beaten".

When you toggle the 4 modes (using Up on dpad) the road sign will change between red and silver. Red means you don;t have *** fastest score/time (offline or online) Silver means you have the highest score/time for that mode. So in the above example if I did it in 9 secs my offline mode would be silver, but my online would be read.
Same principle for the Crash/Showtime as well.

That is probably the best explanation of anything I have ever heard :p

Thanks for taking the time to type all that up, it makes complete sense now :)

Oh, if any 360 people are online throughout today and want to do some challenges, I am off sick so will be on most of the day :) Add me, ScarySquirrelUK

That is probably the best explanation of anything I have ever heard :p

Thanks for taking the time to type all that up, it makes complete sense now :)

Oh, if any 360 people are online throughout today and want to do some challenges, I am off sick so will be on most of the day :) Add me, ScarySquirrelUK

cheers!!!
I have lived the Showtime modes last couple of days so know it well!!!

rp2000

The car you unlock for doing all those showtimes is niiiiiice. Little carbon fiber thing, it zooms along. :D
Yeah, although annoyingly it has no paint jobs for it :(
@rp2000, you might want to take a look at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_disorder :p :D

I had a 4.5 million on one street but it looks like you have beaten that :(
high scores is my thing!!! Imagine how bad I would be if i was into gamerscore points!!!

Plus getting high scores on this game, Super Stardust HD and Pixel Junk Monsters distracts me from playing my other games that are unopened/unplayed :) When the high score pillaging ends, I will have to sit down and play some 1 player games like Mass Effect and Orange Box.

rp2000

Last edited:
OK

Done it at last. Every Single Showtime in offline mode (This got me the "Kitano Carbon Hydros Custom" car and some "Burnout Award" (which I guess is the PS3 version of achievements for this game).
DSC00139.JPG

But more importantly (you know it's serious business when you see large yellow text) Every Single Showtime in Online Mode
DSC00140.JPG

I fully expect some of these scores to be beaten in the future, but for now I am quite happy :) All this means is that at present no-one on my friends list has played this much or is as good as me :D.

B+ for effort to:

Apopcalyptic
Russbot
Ollie_NL
Griffy04
McManicman
andshrew
Windle <------------------------------------------------------:p
the_dead_parrot
Smeg0rz
joebobslappy
ZG002
Inoshishi3
smallios74
V1N666

:D:D:D

rp2000

Edit: Tomorrow I am gonna create an OcUK challenge thread, for 1 road, 1 showtime, see who can get the best score (360 or ps3). I have already picked the road based to use (Nakamura Drive, reminds me of something..........).

Nice to see myself at the bottom of that list ;)
No, I've hardly played it yet.
I don't even have the proper license.
I'm trying to complete other games at the moment before I start another one properly. I'm on memory block 7 on Assassin's Creed though, so will probably play more after that.... not that I'm really fussed about highscores and stuff anyway. Was a bit of fun in Stardust, and I've not played Monsters since the second day, but I can't say I obsess over them ;) I've also been busy trying out this 360, but I think I'm going to send it back today.

V1N.

Yup it appears in the junkyard once you get the Burnout license.

33 more events before I can see it then :( I will make this a priority as it has better stats than any other car I own at the moment.

I can do the Burning Routes and Road rage easily enough so that is like 15 events. Then I will have to pick some easy Races or Marked Man events. (I will have to do them all eventually, but for now just want the Burnout license, worry about Elite later).

rp2000

Thing is the races never really get 'harder' in the sense that the cars your racing against are always balanced to your current car, they are almost a side issue to the traffic and your ability to navigate to the finish line. If done quite a few in the big A-team van without much hassle. Road rage is always a joy though :)

I take it multiplayer is all about how good your car is? Unlike Revenge where all the fast cars were unlocked. (Don't have the game till the 7th).

Thing is the races never really get 'harder' in the sense that the cars your racing against are always balanced to your current car, they are almost a side issue to the traffic and your ability to navigate to the finish line. If done quite a few in the big A-team van without much hassle. Road rage is always a joy though :)

Agreed, you could do the whole game near enough in the car you start with, seems they padded the game out a whole lot by resetting with every license upgrade, got very boring very quickly for me, plus the rubber band AI is very obvious in this game, so much so your best just to follow the AI to near the finish then boost to the win, online is ok, but the navigation system for racing is very poorly done for a free roaming game, the challenges are fun the 1st time, but again mostly all just recycled depending on how many players are in the group.

Mine is being traded in this week :) A very shallow game IMO.

edit: the plus points are the graphics, thought they were very well done and not seen and dip in framerates at all, shame the graphics seem to be a whole lot better than the actual game content though.

Last edited:
@ Chadd

In a race the host can choose the car for everyone to use in a race (from any in the game) or lock to a specific class level/leave selection open to drivers.
For online challenges you might end up doing a challenge slightly slower than the other guys because your cars not upto the same level but you can pretty much still get it done in any car. Means that people can have fav cars that aren't always the biggest fastest machines around.

Mr Men your right on most points but I still really enjoy the game at the mo so I shall be hanging onto it. Needs a patch for online Road Rage and Marked man imo.

Back
Top Bottom