Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
@ Chadd

In a race the host can choose the car for everyone to use in a race (from any in the game) or lock to a specific class level/leave selection open to drivers.
For online challenges you might end up doing a challenge slightly slower than the other guys because your cars not upto the same level but you can pretty much still get it done in any car. Means that people can have fav cars that aren't always the biggest fastest machines around.

Mr Men your right on most points but I still really enjoy the game at the mo so I shall be hanging onto it. Needs a patch for online Road Rage and Marked man imo.

Cheers RuMp3l4$k1n :) - Was worried I was going to have to spend my time getting a capable car before being able to join you guys online, what with me getting it late.

Caporegime
Offline showtime scores. I guess theres one for offline times as well but I haven't begun to try and do those yet.

I done the offline and online, you only get the car you mentioned for offline. I assume the next car is when you get gold (best offline scores for showtime and fastest times for every road). I only have that on 2 roads so far (Although I think the times will be easier to beat as most you will get in 1 go, with the right car).

rp2000

Edit:
I went to rent this, it was out of stock so I went to see how much it was on the high street £44.99 they can **** off.
nearly all new games for 360/ps3 will be in high street game shops for 39.99 to 49.99. I am unsure why this is a surprise for you after 360 has been out for 2 years. It can definitely be had for £30 something online, if you want it that badly.

Soldato
I went to rent this, it was out of stock so I went to see how much it was on the high street £44.99 they can **** off.

Check supermarkets.

Morrisons has it for £40. (afaik that's no competitor :)).

Edit, beaten by wyrdo. I should really read the whole thread first :/

Soldato
I got mine for £33. Sitting here right now, one day after order :)
It's a competitor so can't say where though.

(Btw wtf only 1 player offline?)

Last edited:
Caporegime
A bad thing happened to me.
Driving home from picking up my GF, I saw a bus and my first thought was "MULTIPLIER"

I was ashamed.

LOL!!!
I got mine for £33. Sitting here right now, one day after order :)
It's a competitor so can't say where though.

(Btw wtf only 1 player offline?)
Expecting some high scores from you then!!! I myself did not check about the split screen multiplayer either. Was a bit annoyed, but mostly at myself for not researching!

rp2000

Soldato
Agreed, you could do the whole game near enough in the car you start with, seems they padded the game out a whole lot by resetting with every license upgrade, got very boring very quickly for me, plus the rubber band AI is very obvious in this game, so much so your best just to follow the AI to near the finish then boost to the win, online is ok, but the navigation system for racing is very poorly done for a free roaming game, the challenges are fun the 1st time, but again mostly all just recycled depending on how many players are in the group.

Mine is being traded in this week :) A very shallow game IMO.

edit: the plus points are the graphics, thought they were very well done and not seen and dip in framerates at all, shame the graphics seem to be a whole lot better than the actual game content though.

I do agree with some of your points, in particular the recycled events. I am getting annoyed doing the same challenges after an upgrade.

However, I think the game is awesome,. Loads to do, loads to explore and I am loving the online as well. All round great fun. It has taken me away from getting pounded on FIFA 08 for a while at least. I still have Mass Effect and COD4 to finish too, but this has taken over for now.

Soldato
plus the rubber band AI is very obvious in this game, so much so your best just to follow the AI to near the finish then boost to the win, online is ok

Can you guys confirm if this is the case? Is it NFS style where they cars simply warp behind you if you leave them in the dust? If so there is no way in hell I am buying this game, NFS Most Wanted almost caused me a brain haemorrhage.

Soldato
Its more the reverse. I certainly notice myself whipping the AI and by a hefty margin but if I crash a few times I can still catch up with the AI quickly and get back in the race. So quickly that it is suspect. I don't know if Mr Men was having trouble being hounded by the AI or if he meant the same as me.

Back
Top Bottom