Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Can you guys confirm if this is the case? Is it NFS style where they cars simply warp behind you if you leave them in the dust? If so there is no way in hell I am buying this game, NFS Most Wanted almost caused me a brain haemorrhage.

I have found a lot of the races quite close but sometimes I win with a fair lead. I don't think it is like NFS in that respect (not that I have played NFS, just going on what you are saying :))

I have found a lot of the races quite close but sometimes I win with a fair lead. I don't think it is like NFS in that respect (not that I have played NFS, just going on what you are saying :))

In NFS if you are miles in front of the AI, you can actually watch as the arrows that represent them on the map defy the laws of time and space and fly across the map ignoring roads and buildings and then pass you at mach 3.

Sorry kids....:(

DSCF1174.jpg

I've never experienced this ever in Burnout games, nor have I ever seen it in Paradise, if you pick the correct route the AI never catches you.

You must be blind then, try following the AI, or wreck your car so they get in front they always slow down or crash to let you catch up, the rubber banding is very obvious as in most EA games. There is normally 1 or 2 fastest routes, the AI takes and splits up as needed it they do not go all over the map lost well I certainly have not seen them do that anyway. The AI is very weak in this game, way too forgiving due to very high levels of rubber banding.

In NFS if you are miles in front of the AI, you can actually watch as the arrows that represent them on the map defy the laws of time and space and fly across the map ignoring roads and buildings and then pass you at mach 3.

You sure that wasn't during a route where there's a long shortcut which isn't "mapped" out on the map for you? I've seen it happen before thinking WTF? Only to realise there's a shortcut... that was in NFS:MW.

Its more the reverse. I certainly notice myself whipping the AI and by a hefty margin but if I crash a few times I can still catch up with the AI quickly and get back in the race. So quickly that it is suspect. I don't know if Mr Men was having trouble being hounded by the AI or if he meant the same as me.

Same as you, they slow up/crash way too much when you make a mistake, they do go much faster and don't crash when you are ahead of them though, the AI is very easy to beat due to this, which is why I found the gameplay rather tedious.

IMO the rubber banding is just as bad as the NFS games, not as obvious as warping across the map, but just the same.

the AI and rubber banding in Burnout Paradise is no way near as bad as Mr Men makes out. Often you can take the lead and crash and still be infront which means that the Ai isn't rubber banding AKA NFS style. Its easier than Burnout Revenge though which required precise driving and not to crash to win events wherea s this game its more to do with finding the quickest route. Also EA didn't make this game, they published it.

Back
Top Bottom