Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
Are there lobbies? Can you do mini tournaments, like the last game (i.e three races in a row with points totalling for each one)? .

yes lobbies on ranked unranked, when you select it your taken into their world in free-roam then they setup the race which takes you into a lobby and yes there is a points system with 3 races in it like Burnout Revenge

~J~

~J~

Soldato
on the PS3 there is a lobby room just before you race where it puts you all

I just literally pressed right on the d-pad, selected Freeburn online and joined in with some random person where we're now competing for longest drifts, oncoming, etc.

No lobby.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
O man, just had some live play. Taken out 2 people, got the finger from one on his LiveCam!!! :D

Which has now been stored as my hits for me to admire!

Come on Dean get on NOW!!!!

Soldato
I just literally pressed right on the d-pad, selected Freeburn online and joined in with some random person where we're now competing for longest drifts, oncoming, etc.

No lobby.

yes i know that but if you select ranked races or unranked it'll take you to their world then a few seconds latter you'll all be in a lobby type screen. Racing mode - not challenges and stuff which is instant with no lobbies

~J~

~J~

Soldato
yes i know that but if you select ranked races or unranked it'll take you to their world then a few seconds latter you'll all be in a lobby type screen. Racing mode - not challenges and stuff which is instant with no lobbies

Ahhh get ya, yeah that's lobbyfied(?), but if you just want an online game, just two rights on the d-pad joins you in on a random.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Must say I like the full game more than I did the demo. I'm still gutted about the lack of crash mode and traffic checking, but road rage is just awesome, this mode has all that old Burnout intensity :cool:

Not being able to restart is a bit of a pain, but not as bad as I was expecting.

Overall it's great so far, still prefer Revenge but Paradise is a great game in it's own right :cool:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ahh OK, haven't tried it in a heavy vehicle yet. Does it work like the old style checking though, ie: just punt them out of the way?

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Yeah Psy, checking is in the heavy vehicles. You can check traffic with the default car, but they have to be far lighter than you otherwise it's a crash (or a driveway).

Full game is definately far better than the demo (and loved the demo!)

You literally are dropped in at the start and just think "What now?".

Speed is as fast as the others, especially when you're using nitro, the feeling of tearing along over bridges at full speed while the girders fly over-head is definately a real buzz.

Marked man is very cat and mouse real good fun.

Races are also pretty damn clever, because it's still new, you don't know where all the shortcuts are but the AI is really sneaky because they do. You can think you're miles ahead when you sudden realise one of the AI cars is tearing along at the side of you 'cos they've taken a shortcut about a mile back.

I think the fun months of Spring-Summer 2006 are back again boys!! :D

V1N

V1N

Associate
Just had a quick 20 min blast around.

Yeah, this is definitely going to be a fun game.

I do miss the old Burnout, just choose a track and race, but, this is also really good.

I just did a Marked Man race, and had Killswitch Engage blasting out of my speakers, in DTS no less... fantastic fun... fast and frantic it was.
I didn't manage to take out any of my persuers, I pushed them out of the way, but no takedown registered. Bit more practice, or a better car required maybe ;)

Ah well, I'm back to it.
Definitely worth the purchase.

My only gripe is the same as I said about the demo.
It would be nice on the map, if you could click where you wanted to go, and then get guided there. As it happens, you view the map to check you're facing in the right direction, and then have to keep pressing select as you get closer, to make sure you're still going the right way.
I just think it would've been nice to, for example, click on the junkyard, and have the compass guide you in.

Anyway, as I said, back to it now :)

V1N.

EDIT: haha, Killswitch Engage finished, which was ace while I was flying around, and then, Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver. This is great fun lol

EDIT2: Just did a marked man race again, in the pickup truck. Ah, I was doing takedowns. Of course, the way Burnout works now, it can't stop and do replays, that was what I was waiting for. You do a taketown, and it just says TAKEDOWN in the bottom left of the screen. No more slowmo replays of course... which, is a shame! It's not quite as satisfying, as seeing them crash and roll after a takedown. Still, never mind, on with the show....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom