Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Soldato
Yes, I found the last gate smash on top of a parking garage I had to jump to from another parking garage on the right side of the map.

And later on I found the last billboard in Silver Lake so now have two Carbon cars which are nice but not that special.

Now to find the last 5 jumps :(

Caporegime
I went to play online last night, imagine my shock when you'd all given up prior to 1am.

Got all the 2 and 4 player challenges :). Need to find this last jump in Palm Bay Heights though :(.

Caporegime
Question:

On my ps3 version there is 60 "Paradise Awards". (You can access them from the screen that shows you your license summary). On thsat screen I press Square to see a list. Is it fair to presume on the 360 version, on that screen you press a button and it takes you to the achievements "blade" of dashboard? Or does it just show you an ingame list?

Or maybe the 360 achievements are a subset of the 6 "Paradise Awards".

i checked online and I see 50 achievements for the 360 and was just wondering how this relates to the "Awards" in the ps3 version. (was confusing as one has 60 things to do and one has 50).

rp2000

Caporegime
I've not seen a link to the achievements blade, I just press the media button though. I'm guessing that screen may only be in the Ps3 version.

Cool, some more digging shows you are right (Awards for ps3 version "mirrors" Achievements for 360 version).

http://www.criteriongames.com/burnout/paradise/press/features/achievements/

The ps3 version has 10 more on there as well as the 50 the 360 already has (can't easily see which 10 are extra).

(I don't really care for achievements that lead to some arbitrary number increasing, but I do like collectibles and unlocks in Sandbox style games!!)

rp2000

Caporegime
(I don't really care for achievements that lead to some arbitrary number increasing, but I do like collectibles and unlocks in Sandbox style games!!)
Same thing really isn't it? You just get proof of completion without the need for photo's with the Xbox360 in gamerscore and achievement images.

But that's what I like doing, as I said in another thread, almost all the games where collectables are to be had I have collected them all.

Caporegime
Same thing really isn't it? You just get proof of completion without the need for photo's with the Xbox360 in gamerscore and achievement images.

But that's what I like doing, as I said in another thread, almost all the games where collectables are to be had I have collected them all.

Kind off. Because collectibles/unlocks are different in every game, I don't think the arbitary/mandatory 1000 between games can be compared, therefore shouldn't really count as one global score, as without breakdown it means nothing.

Like you, games with collectibles/unlocks I always try to get (this gen, last gen and any gen before). The fact there is a number system linked to it, does not enhance it for me, which is where we differ. Even the trophies that ps3 will/may be adding will not mean much for me. I like unlocking stuff and having high scores in leaderboards. So achievements have made little difference to me (after the gimmick wore off (although it took me 17k points to realise!!)).

rp2000

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Well I had a weird message last night while online. Was cruising around looking for a billboard when I had the yellow 'splash message' appear on my screen with "Paradise 100% Earned" or something like that.

Didn't think anything of it, then a little while later had another message something like "Paradise Enhancement 0%".

Wonder if they are getting ready for some DLC or not?

Caporegime
We (360 owners) might get the extra ones in DLC.

Yeah, I think companies can add 250 points in DLC per title (not sure on exact figure).

Don't know why they just didn't make 60 "milestones" for each and then just breakdown the 1000 points differently. (Just seems strange as in every other way they have tried to make the games nigh on identical on both platforms).

Possibly there is a limit of only 50 maximum achievements per game? (I know points wise they have to add upto 100). Off hand is there any games with more than 50 achievements?

rp2000

Caporegime
OP
Well I had a weird message last night while online. Was cruising around looking for a billboard when I had the yellow 'splash message' appear on my screen with "Paradise 100% Earned" or something like that.

Didn't think anything of it, then a little while later had another message something like "Paradise Enhancement 0%".

Wonder if they are getting ready for some DLC or not?

I lost 70 roads last night, which isn't possible, it was kind of messed up I think.

Caporegime
Possibly there is a limit of only 50 maximum achievements per game? (I know points wise they have to add upto 100). Off hand is there any games with more than 50 achievements?
Yeah, I think Guitar Hero 3 might have 60? I know one game does.
Beautiful Katamari also launched with 1250 points.
The Orange Box has 99 achievements.

50 achievements and 1000 points is the norm, but there are exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom