Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Right, Have just got the Burnout Skills achievement - not sure how - and am now in achievement mode. Need some peeps to complete the 2 and 3 player challenges with me in an hour or so. Any takers?

Need one more car to appear so i can finish all the burning routes - the Hot Rod Coupe. Have been driving around for ages and it hasn't appeared yet. Where did it appear for you guys? So close now - 5 wins till elite ;)

I've not played this in over a week, just lost all interest now that I found the jumps, billboards and smashes :(.

I've lost interest as well, not for what you've said, but because almost everyone I've gone online with just haven't a clue how to play the game!

The challenges are good for a break, but 99.9% of games result in the host not having a damn clue what to do, doesn't talk to the players, doesn't know how to start a race and cancels the challenges after 5mins because other players aren't doing them in 30secs. Or everyone just drives around taking each other out.

I just think the game is so big and so varied it's too must for the average gamer.

I've lost interest as well, not for what you've said, but because almost everyone I've gone online with just haven't a clue how to play the game!

The challenges are good for a break, but 99.9% of games result in the host not having a damn clue what to do, doesn't talk to the players, doesn't know how to start a race and cancels the challenges after 5mins because other players aren't doing them in 30secs. Or everyone just drives around taking each other out.

I just think the game is so big and so varied it's too must for the average gamer.

But I want to race :(

Oh and you never talk :p

.....Thats because you haven't played me yet. ;)

ELITE NEWSFLASH: x1 Burning Route (can't find the Hot Rod Coupe though :( :( ), x3 Marked Man Events left.

I got this game yesterday and have noticed this as well. A lot of the time I go to quick ranked match because I want to go straight into a race but we end up freeburning for around 10-15 minutes even though we have 8 players ready to race.

The lack of racing is what's annoyed me about Burnout Paradise more than anything else. Why they haven't kept freeburn seperate from racing I don't know. I would have liked the races to have specific ways of travel rather than the open city, ala previous Burnout titles.

The lack of racing is what's annoyed me about Burnout Paradise more than anything else. Why they haven't kept freeburn seperate from racing I don't know. I would have liked the races to have specific ways of travel rather than the open city, ala previous Burnout titles.

I completely agree, I miss the racing of Revenge :(

Breaking News

Finally found that last crappy car so I could do the last burning route and:

I'M NOW ELITE!!

Even found time to finish all the online achievements - which are quite un challenging tbh - (bar the challenges, which I'll do later), although I expect I'll play a lot more of this online as it's fun. the gold cars are seriously well done, its such a shame there's no feature to take in game screenies like halo 3 :(

Last edited:
I need a little help with Stunt Runs, I know how to get the multipliers, I regularly get a 14x multiplier but what is killing me is the low score I get, last night I needed to get 290k and got a 14 multiplier so I thought I won that one but it turned out I only got 18700 points x14 = 262k :mad:

So how can I get more points, what increases the score (not the mulitplier) the best?

I need a little help with Stunt Runs, I know how to get the multipliers, I regularly get a 14x multiplier but what is killing me is the low score I get, last night I needed to get 290k and got a 14 multiplier so I thought I won that one but it turned out I only got 18700 points x14 = 262k :mad:

So how can I get more points, what increases the score (not the mulitplier) the best?

Generally anything that isn't a multiplier.

I know that sounds a bit open, but take the bottom road with the bridge for example.

Travelling down that road, on the opposite side, at full speed, dodging traffic - so thats: Oncoming, Boost, Near Miss will see your score go up and up and up. Get to the end, drift the car, score will go up and up and up.

Head back over the bridge, get the 'stunts' (billboard, jumps, flatspins) and get the multipliers as you've found out.

Generally anything that isn't a multiplier.

I know that sounds a bit open, but take the bottom road with the bridge for example.

Travelling down that road, on the opposite side, at full speed, dodging traffic - so thats: Oncoming, Boost, Near Miss will see your score go up and up and up. Get to the end, drift the car, score will go up and up and up.

Head back over the bridge, get the 'stunts' (billboard, jumps, flatspins) and get the multipliers as you've found out.
Ah, off course, I was so busy concentrating on getting the jumps and billboards I 'forgot' to just drive, drift and boost for longer :o

Back
Top Bottom