Burnout Paradise Official Thread

Do you also do stuff at the bottom or is it just jumping/barrel rolls from the top and getting the two billboards?

Also is it better to keep the combo going by boosting before the timer runs out or doesn't it matter much?

You will need to use boost as once the score required heads above 100k you won't have time to score enough in the time limit.

Do you also do stuff at the bottom or is it just jumping/barrel rolls from the top and getting the two billboards?

Also is it better to keep the combo going by boosting before the timer runs out or doesn't it matter much?

I don't barrel roll off the top immediately as if you screw it up your timers normally run out and that's the end and you've got the long drive back to the stunt start point. I normally do a flatspin off the jump at the top, then go around doing all the jumps and flatspinning off them for extra multipliers. Lots of boost drifts and reverse driving for the points, once I know i've done enough to pass I go up to the top and attempt the barrel roll off the top.

Just got my Elite license /o/

Oh and ~J~, your East Crawford road rules time has been smashed :D Eventually, took me several goes!

Did some more stunt runs yesterday, what I did was just drive towards the bottom road, if the timer runs out I just tap the boost to keep the combo going, get the billboards on the bottom road, go to the dam and get the billboard/superjump, go to the top of the winding road and do a flatspin off the top, go to the quarry doing a flat spin, get the billboard between the towers, go back to the top and try a barrel roll, highest I got was 1.3 million :cool:

Not played it for a week, but I can 'guarantee' I will be claiming them back. :D

My road, my rules, my ownz, your loss.

We shall see :D I did them in the fastest car, driving the wrong way round the I network with constant Burnout.

Booyah! /me slaps ~J~ with a Glove!

The gauntlet has been thrown down!

(Erk: This be Psymonkee!!)

Finally completed this last night :)

sodding Marked Man is insane on the last few events... oh and the Road Rage events are bloody irritating :( Full speed head-on into a wall - no penalty, scrape a fence somewhere - wrecked with a full 20 second crash video of me moving at 2 feet/year :/

ARGH :|

Anyhoo - all done Elite with 101% completion apparently :D

Hey all! First post here...

I've got the PS3 version, and play through component to a projector. Overall, I'm happy with the quality of the graphics, but with one major gripe. It kept bugging me how I had to increase the colour all the time with this game...till I realised the overall colour saturation reflects your car damage!

This is fine for a FPS where you hide in a corner while your health regenerates, but with a game as 'crash-happy' as BP (and garages relatively sparse) I find myself playing half the time in muted sepia tones.

Is this effect present on all platforms and/or does it depend on the A/V connection used? Is there perhaps an option/patch that can disable it?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

If they brought back those 'Psyche Out' takedowns maybe I could just scare opponents off the track...
One of the things I miss in this Burnout is the different Takedowns you could get, there are no Aftertouch takedowns, no Signature takedowns, no Aftertouch takedowns and no Instant revenge takedowns, doing a Raod Rage event can become boring after a while fue to the limited number of different takedowns.

Played some more last night and got the last F1 car and the police F1 car (if you have it press the left analog button to activate the police lights) and now have 13 to go to Elite.

One of the things I miss in this Burnout is the different Takedowns you could get, there are no Aftertouch takedowns, no Signature takedowns, no Aftertouch takedowns and no Instant revenge takedowns, doing a Raod Rage event can become boring after a while fue to the limited number of different takedowns.

Played some more last night and got the last F1 car and the police F1 car (if you have it press the left analog button to activate the police lights) and now have 13 to go to Elite.

The F1 cars great. It can wheelspin badly when you first put your finger down on the accelerator but once it's going it's got fantastic grip and it's super quick :)

The F1 cars great. It can wheelspin badly when you first put your finger down on the accelerator but once it's going it's got fantastic grip and it's super quick :)
Yes, but I do think/feel that the Krieger Uberschall (Le Mans car) has better acceleration and instant grip but loses out at the top end to the F1 car.

I was expecting the WTR Burning Route to be very difficult but I got it on my 2nd try, the first time I crashed near the end so missed it by 3 seconds and the 2nd time I tried I just stayed in same way traffic, did not crash and finished the run in 57 seconds.

I do feel a little sad that I am near the end, I always want a good game to last forever :(

Back
Top Bottom