Buying the Mrs a hoover for christmas. Good idea or not?

Soldato
She uses a cheap £40 hoover at the moment but uses it on an almost daily basis. It's noisy and it does my head in. After using my moms miele cat & dog hoover yesterday i was stunned at how quiet yet powerful it was. Is it a good idea to buy her a hoover for christmas (specifically the miele) :D Would you dare do it?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Definitely. She will love getting a vacuum cleaner for Christmas, what woman wouldn't?

Also, pictures/video of the unwrapping on Christmas morning must be posted. We want to see just how happy she is with it! :D

Soldato
NO!

My Mrs. keeps going on about household appliances that could do with replacing but I once dared to suggest I'd buy her one for Christmas, her response was less than favourable.

Soldato
You sir are a king among men, prepare to have celibacy thrust upon you from the 25th.

Which sucks. Or doesn't.

Don
I bought mine gloves, which I wrote down "to stop getting blisters when ironing".

It's not really a Christmas present, is it? It's just something which needs to be bought!

Man of Honour
I once bought my wife a lawnmower for her birthday. She has never cut the grass in her life and probably never will.

0xwDT.jpg

Still got a BJ out of it and the lawn looked like this...

wzgaz.jpg

So yeah, a hoover will go down a treat. Get her a fancy Dyson. The point is if you buy her a hoover and do all the cleaning yourself then it will be a great treat :D

Last edited:
Associate
It's a dilemma, because if you give it as a present, you'll be hanging by your bo***cks from the tree along with the tinsel, but if you take her out to buy one now, she'll probably say 'we're not spending THAT much on a hoover even if it sucks battleships through a drinking straw.'.

I would just go buy it as a surprise, then leave it in the cuppboard where the old one was straight away.

Soldato
lol

You must be kidding right?

Not unless you want to have your manhood cut off whilst you sleep.

Soldato
My wife has been going on about wanting a henry for a while now so im getting her one to open on Christmas day :D

I do have other gifts though that will stop me from getting castrated !

Associate
rofl when I was younger (about 12 years ago when I was like 19 or something) I once got my wife a toaster for her Birthday.

I've learned a LOT since then :p

Top Bottom