Buzzing right now!

Soldato
Just bought this bad boy!

zxmw0l.jpg

309inol.jpg

wu5k0m.jpg

Suzuki GSX-R750 K7 :D

2023 miles on the clock, FDSH, still on the OEM tyres! Two rusty bolts near the down pipe and missing rim tape, but other than this, it is mint :)

Dealer is going to do an oil and filter change on it this week and will give it the first MOT for free, has a month's tax left too.

So excited now, not ridden it, but I can't see me having problems with it really, never got to ride the Ninja or R1 before, and they were fine.

One of the mechanics has a Two Brothers slip on to fit it too, which takes out the CAT, the sales guy is going to find out a price for me, but it look like it’ll be £150 – so I’ll probably go for it.

Plans – hoses, brembo pads (maybe) – heard good things about them, new tank protector, stomp grips, shorty levers, that’s probably it for now.

I am so chuffed; they said I can probably pick it up Wednesday afternoon – just need to sort time off work and transport to Slough.

Really great dealer, such better service than the Swindon branch I thought, sales guy was a legend, didn’t mind me bartering with him; got £300 off the list price (£6,300).

Soldato
OP

Just had the first insurance quote - £520 f/c for a **** poor postcode, so not bad at all :D

I'll have to call them tomorrow though, I'd rather speak to someone and go through every single detail, rather than trust a web page.

Soldato
noticed you live in swindon, you a member of wiltshire bikers? we meet pretty regularly and all the guys are pretty local, (swindon or trowbridge area) should come out to some of the meets with the new bike ;)

Soldato
Nice one, the weather looks good for this week so fingers crossed once you pick it up you'll be able to spend some quality time getting to know each other ;D

Soldato
Looks awesome. Best CC on the best bike :D. Need to get them strips rid on them BT016's, looks like the last rider didn't push very hard :p lol.

And damn you all living close(well, 3 of you :p), I miss having my weekly meets to go to lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nice one, the weather looks good for this week so fingers crossed once you pick it up you'll be able to spend some quality time getting to know each other ;D

Knee ache permitting, I’m off to Brecon at the weekend ;)

Damn too late , and I found a good one for ya too ;):D

11e42a57bb2241819df6886.jpg

Hahahahaha, that actually made me dribble my drink laughing :D

That from Art deans? Very nice btw!

Also a Swindon lad spotted ya location :)

Nah, took a trip to George White’s in Slough. I went into Art Deans the other weekend, was shocked at the lack of ‘decent’ stock now – seem to cater more for the learner market; last I heard they lost the ‘official’ Suzuki title and were going with Aprilia.

Looks awesome. Best CC on the best bike :D. Need to get them strips rid on them BT016's, looks like the last rider didn't push very hard :p lol.

And damn you all living close(well, 3 of you :p), I miss having my weekly meets to go to lol.

Tell me about it, those strips will be gone pretty quick…. mind you, still on the OEM rubber for the last 3 years; can’t imagine they’re going to be in peak condition – could be wrong though so softly softly.

Very nice Scort, Get a racefit on it :D

Cheers dude :D I actually quite like the OEM pipe (if you can call it that), so may leave that one for a while, after that, and if I buy it, the Two Bros one can go on. A mate of mine has a K5 600 and said that the Suzuki ECU can be reprogrammed for a slip on and filter, without the need for a Power Commander; but a PC allows for finer tuning….

Soldato
I'm not too far from there, may take a wee trip and have a look around at their stock. Could hit two birds with one stone: Make the trip the day your collecting your machine and say hello briefly, while your in my area??

Associate
First on the list are new tyres and get the suspension sorted you have more than enough power to be going on with.

Just have to make it flickable now ;):D

Soldato
OP
I'm not too far from there, may take a wee trip and have a look around at their stock. Could hit two birds with one stone: Make the trip the day your collecting your machine and say hello briefly, while your in my area??

Why not :) I'll be heading there Saturday, aiming for 10:00 I think.

First on the list are new tyres and get the suspension sorted you have more than enough power to be going on with.

Just have to make it flickable now ;):D

I may just do the usual pipe and filter mod, MCE insurance were very cool with mods, only interested in anything affecting performance.

A fried of mine is at JHS Racing in Bristol today, getting his K5 GSXR set up for a few mods he's made (can, filter, PC and stacks), he's also gonig for a suspension setup too - I may do the same soon enough :)

Soldato
OP
Very nice :)

Keep hold of the stock exhaust as for some track days the Two Brothers exhaust is likely to be very loud

It sounded pretty loud in the dealership, I've also heard soem stories of the standard can being too loud for track days, that's why I think I'll keep it on for a while :)

Very nice indeed, please be safe!

I intend to be :) Much as I'm giving off the impression I'll be thrashing this from day one, I really wont be - been off a bike for numerous weeks now, so it'll be a real softly softly approach for a while to come.

Back
Top Bottom