Bye bye MG....

Depends what you class as putting in danger...not that I can say much given my driving ability. :p Still...so much better than my house mate...he watches the car in front or just the road in front of him. :eek: :(

Surely the pay from fast food is going to only just cover the cost of running a car for said job?

The Maestro will do 500miles on a tank of diesel easily, and will run about all night long - So it's not going to cost much to run and in general is a very reliable car. My sister did it for a couple of years and she more than looked after herself on the wage. It'll work out roughly £180 - £200 a week + tips - Nothing to moan about.

Lets assume for a moment that you get a £1k payout for your MG and your "compo" claim is thrown out for being fraudulent. You also have £3.5k to throw at a 200sx, but I am going to play it safe and work from the basis that part of that £3.5k is the £1k payout for the MG.

You need £500 to start the business - the fact you have a business idea surely means you think there is demand out there to fulfill (else you would be a moron to start one?).

So, you spend that last £500 you need to get the business going (assuming here that you have thoroughly researched all possible costs and your business plan is solid, real, printed and bound and stored with all the other business paperwork you have already prepared). This £500 comes from the £3.5k car fund.

Lets assume that your curry delivery job pays you national minimum wage. That is somewhere around £950 a month pre-tax and other costs like the massive increase in maintenance you will need from doing delivery runs. If we include the odd bit of a tip here and there, lets say it works out to about £900 a month.

I dont know your business model, but lets hope your plan accounts for no earnings in the first month, a few jobs picking you up £500 or so in the 2nd month and £1000 in the 3rd month, which is possible given that you have a plan and done the sums and all the rest of it and know there is demand for your services, right?

You have a bank of £3000. After month 1, you will have spent the equivalent of £900 of earnings out of that savings but worked full-time on your business. You have £2100 remaining. In month 2, you have paid yourself £900 again from your savings, but earned back £500 for your efforts, so you have £1700 remaining. Month 3 and again you pay yourself £900 but this time your business pulls in £1000. You have £1800 remaining...

You can have a rough few months living off the car fund, or blow all of the car fund and somehow try and scrape £500 together to get the business going and then have nothing at all to fall back on.

[TW]Fox;15184026 said:
I had visions of you delivering curry in a new Golf GTI but actually a Vectra diesel is the ideal currydelivery car :D

lol - Was driving the Vectra about last night, at first I was like 'not bad for a courtesy car'

But I turned the radio down and the seats were squeaking, there were rattles etc and the car has done a whopping 17k.....amazing build quality :p

[TW]Fox;15184734 said:
What spec is it?

Its a 57 plate Vectra 1.9tdci 'Life'

Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, A/C are about the only 'goodies' I can think of.

150bhp and a bucket of torque, pulls well when in the torque range and isn't too bad when driving about - seats are mega uncomfortable and hurt my back a lot when I'm driving it. Oh, and it's rolling on steelies with hub caps - awesome
icon14.gif

Want a picture? I know you love your Vauxhalls :p

Back
Top Bottom