Bye bye MG....

Why do people these days seem to think personal injury is something you make up to claim money to cover the cost of your car? It's not. I suspect any payout he gets for the Rover will be considerably in excess of its value given the insurer probably isn't aware that in reality it was twisted from previous undeclared accident damage and should not have been on the road. It had a value of circa £500 yet he'll get at least £1500 for it.

He'll be much better off than he would have been had he attempted to sell it.

[TW]Fox;15163442 said:
Why do people these days seem to think personal injury is something you make up to claim money to cover the cost of your car? It's not. I suspect any payout he gets for the Rover will be considerably in excess of its value given the insurer probably isn't aware that in reality it was twisted from previous undeclared accident damage and should not have been on the road. It had a value of circa £500 yet he'll get at least £1500 for it.

He'll be much better off than he would have been had he attempted to sell it.

I was going to post something similar. People should spend more time negotiating with the insurer if they think the value of the car is unfair rather than just claiming personal injury.

People should also declare the true value of the car when they buy the policy - its not going to directly affect the payout but its a good starting point.

Morning all...I have a headache

Handover? Stress? Or a combo of the two?

Gutted about the car, you clearly loved it. Hopefully you get a strong payout and can find something to equal or better it :)

I never claimed PI when I wrote my bike off and it was a hefty shunt into the side of someone who wasn't looking on an NSL. I was black from the waist down and could hardly bend my knees but I was back working in a manic pub kitchen the next day. I think my knees aren't their best from it but it never bothered me at the time. I could probably have done with some physio.

Just got off the phone to help hire they are sorting everything.

Get my courtesy car monday (whos betting it's going to be a Corsa :p) and then someone will ring me Tuesday to arrange inspection of the car.

Lets hope this goes smoother than the poxy Astra claim :)

Just got off the phone to help hire they are sorting everything.

Get my courtesy car monday (whos betting it's going to be a Corsa :p) and then someone will ring me Tuesday to arrange inspection of the car.

Lets hope this goes smoother than the poxy Astra claim :)

Hello mate, absolutely 150% off topic, but about the xbox i sent you a godamn email yesterday, now pull your socks up! :p

And back ontopic.... Yep i bet it's a corsa, i had a 1.2 SXi for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the year, such a hateful thing to drive :o

Back
Top Bottom