*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Associate
you dont have to care as i said look at the games status. what i said has come true the games struggling.

hate my responses all you want, its true.

when game bombs just remember who told you it would bomb nearly two years ago . ;).

Not sure what your issue is, if you don't like it, don't play and keep quiet. A lot of people do like it already and it's only gonna get better before release. Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton seem to think it's ok. I'd trust their judgement over yours tbh.

Man of Honour
Directly against the express wishes of the lead developer. Not your best decision making this year. :(

By the time I quoted that the news had been leaked for long enough for it to be common knowledge.

Someone posted the news on here last night.

If the cat hadn't been let out of the bag then I wouldn't have said anything, in fact I wouldn't have known myself if I hasn't read it here first. I actually went to the forum after and there wasn't anything immediately obvious there either.

It wasn't until sometime this morning that I searched the forum and found the announcement.

Soldato
Ben Collins and Nic Hamilton seem to think it's ok. I'd trust their judgement over yours tbh.

They are paid by pCARS to say what they say, like Vettel was sponsored by Gran Tourismo. Their "judgement" is little more than marketing fluff. Just saying :)

Soldato
Id dont think Vettel is losing sleep over his GT association
, neither is this Formula Drift Champion Vaughn Gillit Jr who endorsed NFS:Shif2, neither will Ben Collins et al. ;)

I dont think pCARS is tosh (will not buy without a demo), I dont think GT6 is tosh. Not as a product anyway.

Soldato
Its capitalism, nobody would give them money for free, i'm sure they add value to the project. I'm only saying that they are part of marketing startegy that is as old as the world itself ;)

Man of Honour
To be fair I don't think Nick Hamilton adds much kudos to the project anyway.

He got his chance through his brothers name and his fathers connections. Before that he wasn't even a PC sim racer, it was the Codemasters F1 games on the Xbox 360.

I'm not taking anything away from him, I wouldn't mind the opportunities he's had, no matter how they came to me.

I just don't think he's well known in racing circles for his name to carry much weight.

Ben Collins as the ex Stig and a lengthy career in motorsport does add a bit more to the game.

Permabanned
http://steamcommunity.com/games/234630/announcements/detail/198482143417367619

Tyre model explained:

Racing, whether it happens in the real or the virtual world, is all about tires. That’s why Project CARS is powered by the revolutionary Seta Tire Model (STM) that plays a key role in making the WMD-powered title the most authentic virtual racing experience.

But what exactly does the Seta Tire Model do? Slightly Mad Studios’ physics expert Andrew Weber takes us for a look deep under the hood of the tire technology that drives Project CARS!

Seta Tire Model Described

Seta Tire Model (STM) is a full dynamic tire simulation. Actually, it is three coupled simulations, one for the tire carcass, one for the tire tread and contact patch, and one for heat transfer simulation. It is also modular, where different carcass and tread simulation techniques can be used interchangeably. For example, off road racing may use a different tread simulation.

Carcass Simulation

The carcass simulation used in Project Cars is a finite element simulation with specific computational optimizations specific to real time tire simulation. The carcass is discretized into small connected “elements”, each one flexing and deforming due to forces.

Features:
Elastic behavior changes with speed, temperature, and pressure
Rolling resistance changes with speed, temperature and pressure
Sidewall buckling at low pressure
Bias Ply, Radial, or Hybrid construction
Gyroscopic Effects
Dynamic response such as vibration, telescoping, and twisting

Tread Simulation

The tread simulation used in Project Cars is a finite difference simulation of the contact patch, with the tire tread “flowing” through the contact patch. The whole tread itself is discretized into elements much like the carcass, but the contact patch itself is a finite difference grid.

Features:
Flash Heating, which is the change of temperature in the outermost rubber layer through the contact patch.
Componentized grip model. Each component is affected differently by road surface conditions, wetness, and temperature.
Deformation – the rubber deforming in and around asperities, resisting sliding motion.
Adhesion – the rubber bonding to surface rubber and material.
Tack – the sticky tacky grip you can feel on your shoes when walking a rubbered in track, related to adhesion.
Tearing – the ripping of rubber from the tire
Cut – grip from the geometry, edges, grooves, and siping of the tread, with particular effect in dirt and gravel
Tread channel depth and water handling.
Discretized and temperature sensitive wear
Curing
Temperature sensitive elastic properties

The carcass and tread simulations are coupled such that there is no roughness or “stepping”, while still preserving the detail of both simulations. The contact patch size, shape, and pressure distribution is determined by the carcass simulation and is used by the tread simulation. The forces on the tire from the road surface are simulated in the tread simulation and transferred as external forces to the carcass simulation.

Heat Transfer Simulation

The heat transfer simulation handles heat flow between brakes, wheel well, rim, carcass, and tread layers. The heat transfer amongst tread elements, from tread elements to the road surface, and from the tread elements to the air are handled directly by the tread simulation (including advection and evaporation). The pressure of the tire is maintained by the carcass simulation via the ideal gas law.

Emergent Effects
Most effects just “fall out” of STM without explicit coding for effect:
Fy, Fx, and Mz vs slip angle curves, complete with realistic nuances, such as Mz inversion
Inclination effects such as camber thrust
Complex and sometimes subtle changes in behavior due to load, heat, pressure, and speed.
Proper behavior at a standstill and very slow speeds, although due to limitations of consumer force feedback devices, oscillations may still occur.
Many tire models break down at a standstill.
Flatspots
Hydroplaning
Changes in behavior due to surface differences, such as surface roughness, track rubbering in, wetness, and dirt.

Associate
For all the talk of tyre models it still isn't very good or at least other things are spoiling the model.

My simple test is to try driving on the grass with no help, it has as much grip as the track or at least it's very close.

There is almost no downside to cutting or running wide.
AI are also running way off track without any loss of traction.

Man of Honour
Associate
i don't care what state its in I just want to play it ... Funds were very tight during there "investment period" and now money isn't a primary issue I just wanna buy it ... I need an early access release candidate or something . Asseto isn't keeping my attention

Back
Top Bottom