*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Man of Honour
Just got my first payment of €110, that's my money back with a bit of interest, plus the full game and some DLC. Plus access to the game during three years of development, which was an interesting experience in itself.

I think future payments will be every quarter now for the next three years if I remember correctly.

Not bad considering some one claimed we'd never see a penny profit and the game wouldn't sell.

Soldato
Brilliant game. Not to much "sim" not to much "arcade".
This isn't remotely close to being 'arcade' in any way. :/

Anyways, was just doing a 17 lap race at Donington in the F3 series, chose my fuel load(computer said I'd be good for 18 laps, figured that gave me just a hair of leeway), but then it turns out that fuel load was only good for about 13 laps. Super annoying since refueling isn't allowed during the race and by lap 10 when I'd already spent over 15 minutes racing, I'd only just realized what was going wrong.

When the game first game out, it wouldn't even tell you how many laps a specific fuel load was supposed to give you, so it's still better than before, but this was a pretty annoying little 'bug' here. It's usually right, but just a warning - keep an eye out on how much fuel you're using during practice if you're heading into some longer races! Don't blindly trust the computer.

Soldato
Just got my first payment of €110, that's my money back with a bit of interest, plus the full game and some DLC. Plus access to the game during three years of development, which was an interesting experience in itself.

I think future payments will be every quarter now for the next three years if I remember correctly.

Not bad considering some one claimed we'd never see a penny profit and the game wouldn't sell.

They'll be quarterly payments? That's pretty cool, I didn't actually even think I was in line to get a cut, thought I only bought the 20ish euro pack. I only played the beta a few times and haven't used the steam voucher, was going to get it when on sale. Very pleased with the cut though, unexpected :)

Associate
Got my 49.50 yesterday and was very flumoxed by it.

Did intially think it was a phishing attempt, but emailed Slightly Mad and had reply back very quickly saying it was a share in the profits.

Backed it in 2012 and had completely forgetten about it. Did not realise at the time that it was a 'shares of profit' backing....was thinking it was the same as with Star Citizen, donate your money to assist in the development and get a reduction the actual price and early access.

Was a great result getting the money back and am also looking forward to any future payments that come my way

Man of Honour
I'd imagine the quarterly payments will be very modest, since the majority of sales occur in the first few weeks of a game being on sale. Maybe future lower priced sales will generate sales peaks.

Associate
Anyone know how to fix the "Exception Access Violation" error that keeps causing my game to crash mid race?

Bought this on the steam sale and love it! Just gutted it crashes every now and then.

i7-4790k, 16GB Ram, GTX 980 STRIX, everything turned up and running 100fps or so at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom