1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caffeine Detox Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LiE, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Scam

Capodecina

Interesting. I do often wake up just as I'm falling sleep which is incredibly frustrating. I do occasionally wake up hot in bed and have started getting up more often to go to the loo but figure that's because I'm getting old :p I'll ask my girlfriend about any of the other symptoms but she sleeps like a log so I doubt she'd notice if I was dying next to her!

2. SpartaK

Mobster

Yep, I'm taking it in the mornings so it doesn't impact my sleeping patterns. The main reason I take it are the number of health benefits I've seen since having it.

3. wesley

Soldato

<3 decaf coffee

4. CREATIVE!11

Soldato

Yes I did this couple months ago.

But last couple weeks i've been drinking black coffee in the morning as part of my fasting routine.

It's just too good.....

5. paradigm

Caporegime

I'm happy with the fact that I have one a day, weekdays only. I feel if I were addicted then it would also impact my weekends, so it's all good :)

6. Bunka

Soldato

I have one a day, occasionally two. If you need caffeine to keep you awake, you either need to sleep more or you're dehydrated.

7. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Caffeine enemas count?

8. LabR@t

Sgarrista

Which is far, far worse for you

9. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I switched from coffee to tea around 3 years ago, as I was used to drinking 8 or 9 cups a day. Blinding headaches for a few days, and then it eased. Then 2 years ago I switched to decaf tea. Blinding headaches for a few days, and then it eased.

Now I can have a normal tea, and an occasionally coffee, and appreciate both far, far more now. Don't have any problem with becoming addicted to caffeine again.

10. Dis86

Capodecina

My weakness is Pepsi Max. Don't have a glass a day and I get horrendous headaches as above.

11. LiE

Capodecina

The dependency is strong.

12. Dis86

Capodecina

Completely. I've considered giving it up and trying to replace it with coke but kept getting nosebleeds.

Badoom tish.

13. LiE

Capodecina

It’s interesting that coca cola decided to replace cocaine in their drinks with caffeine. Maybe they have similar addictive properties

14. Dis86

Capodecina

I genuinely reckon I could give up the white stuff easier than I could Pepsi. It's ridiculous. I've tried so many times and that caffeine hit just keeps drawing me back. The weird thing is though that I don't touch tea, coffee or anything else with it in - it has to be Pepsi Max.
    Monkey is well and truly on my back. In my pockets. Giving me a cuddle.

15. bainbridge

Mobster

After a couple of days of headache I get badly constipated.

Quick cup of coffee and I'm regular as clockwork again :)

Anyone get this? If so how long until normality returned?

16. Uther

Sgarrista

I drink far too much tea and coffee, I start work at 4am and usually have a tea before I leave, and can easily have 3 large coffees before 7am, especially in this freezing weather.
    I would estimate in a normal day, I have 9-10 cups. I have started to cut down though, and am replacing some drinks with herbal teas. Not going cold turkey, tried it before and the headaches were horrendous.

17. LiE

Capodecina

Day 2
    Yesterday was a little tough, low energy and mood was "flat". I finished work at 5 and sat down on the sofa and nodded off for 15 minutes. I was wide awake when it came to getting into bed at 11pm and felt a little tense. Woke up pretty groggy this morning.

This morning I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, I may well be, but it's hard to know. The temptation to drink a coffee is real, I can feel the craving big time this morning.

18. A2Z

Sgarrista

Think I'm one of the few people that does not drink any coffee or even tea.

So many times people are shocked when I say I don't drink hot drinks, ever. If it has ice in it then yea sure I will!

19. Defy Belief

Wise Guy

There is not that much caffeine in Pepsi max is there? That's not a lot and if its only one glass a day, I think thats more of a psychological battle you've got there

I used to drink ALOT of full sugar Coke but don't anymore, it was more the sweet syrupy taste (Which might be what you have) - Flavoured Sparkling water when cutting it out helped tonnes.

20. Hodders

Mobster

My wife put my daughter's decaf ground coffee in my full fat coffee jar by mistake. As a result I had no caffeine for 2 days. Did I miss it? Not so much, but the coffee tasted pretty rank!