Call of Duty 17: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
I haven't played a CoD in years but am really enjoying this. Rocking an MP5 all the time at the moment and just came first in Free for All for the first time. Any of you lot playing on unofficial OcUK discord?

Soldato
how is multiplayer compared to mw? seems to getting mixed reviews from people on youtube...

It’s not bad but it’s no where near IMO the same levels as MW which was ultra realistic. This is quite a downgrade in that respect.

It seems decent enough though but I can see myself returning pretty quickly back to modern warfare again.

Last edited:
Associate
MW fanboys wont agree with me but this is the best COD in years, i hated an do mean hated the TTK in MW, it a joke, all it does is assist console controller players to get kills by barely hitting an enemy.
Now you need to be able to track your target and not just clip them with a random bullet and it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the game, it feels like a PC shooter now.
Im talking about multiplayer here by the way, TTK in warzone is a totally different setup, what with armor etc.
If like me you stopped playing MW MP because of the super fast TTK you will enjoy this offering.

ne0

ne0

Associate
MW fanboys wont agree with me but this is the best COD in years, i hated an do mean hated the TTK in MW, it a joke, all it does is assist console controller players to get kills by barely hitting an enemy.
Now you need to be able to track your target and not just clip them with a random bullet and it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of the game, it feels like a PC shooter now.
Im talking about multiplayer here by the way, TTK in warzone is a totally different setup, what with armor etc.
If like me you stopped playing MW MP because of the super fast TTK you will enjoy this offering.

I'm totally with you on this. As much as I did enjoy MW (it moved me away from BF which imo really went downhill with 5 but that's another thread...), I am much prefering Black Ops Cold War. Having a more sensible TTK makes firefights waaaaaay more fun and tactical. Plus I think most of the maps are way more interesting than what MW has. Absolutely loving the Moscow and Miami maps.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Just wondering what graphic settings you are all using with a 3080?

I have a widescreen 3440x1440 with 3080

Mostly everything is on Ultra and using Performance DLSS - fps runs from around 70 to my max 98.....

erm that's weird. I'm using a 2080ti with the same res, everything ultra and QUALITY dlss and I'm getting anywhere from 70s to way above 100?

Soldato
erm that's weird. I'm using a 2080ti with the same res, everything ultra and QUALITY dlss and I'm getting anywhere from 70s to way above 100?

I think the DLSS mode makes a difference but also my FPS is locked at 98 as my monitor only goes up to 100fps

I find the Moscow map is lower fps than Satellite

Caporegime
Not having any luck with this game, the Beta was the same also.

The game crashes within 30 seconds to 1 minute of loading into either the single player campaign or the multiplayer.

I get a Fatal Error code starting 3701, and there is lots of graphic corruption. Seems like lots of others have the same issue according to Reddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/blackopsco...ed_help_games_gives_error_codes_then_crashes/

First game I've played in a while that is completely unplayable due to the crashes, i was hoping the issue would be fixed by the time the game launched, guess not.

Anyone else see this issue? Any solutions? Tried every suggested solution via Google, no luck so far. Eg, run in DX11 mode, lower settings, disable HDR, repair game files, disable overlays, using US language in OS.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare meanwhile works without issue and i can play that all day with no crashing.

Stumped.

Specs
Ryzen 9 3950X
Radeon VII
20.11.1 Adrenalin
Win 10 2H2
Clean OS install a few weeks ago
Samsung CRG 90 5120x14440 Ultra Wide (wonder if it could be related to the monitor res/aspect ratio perhaps)

Last edited:
Associate
The last suggestion i have not tried is a clean OS install, so i guess that will be my next step once my 5950x arrives.

I was getting the same last night.

could sit in lobby for 15-20 mins no problem... I think I tried playing about 10-15 games last night and only maybe finished 2 rounds without it crashing.

Associate
Ive never used DDU and never had any issues :) Recently upgraded from 980ti to 3080 and was fine too.

I once started getting random crashes after upgrading a nvidia driver, I uninstalled, rolled back to the previous one but nothing fixed it so gave DDU a go - It wiped everything nvidia related and started fresh, problem solved. I always use it now.....Just in case :)

I've been a bit disappointed with how buggy the game is, my party kept dropping last night and failing to find a game, till we all left and created a new one. All 3 of my party each had a hard crash to desktop too at some point.

Back
Top Bottom