Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
I'm at the point of giving up with mp, I've tried 2 different mice now and I get killed every single one on one. It seems virtually impossible to get ADS on target, my sensitivity is 5, all aim assist, acceleration etc is off. It's fine in single player and with bots but mp online is awful.

Soldato
So I got my refund from Microsoft for cold war and I fancied some cod. I sold my pro ready for ps5 so couldn't play MW. I have it on PC but wanted some sofa time!

Booted up blops4 instead thinking maybe I would do some single player as I have no chance of getting lobbies on this game now.

But I thought I would try anyway - boom! Getting into lobbies quicker and with better connection than I ever did when it was a current release :p

After a few hours my observations are that the floaty movement and gunplay are clearly part of the blops way of doing things. Never really noticed it before but then I think MW has spoiled me in how it feels to play.

When it kicks in, aim assist is strong in this game and no options to alter the type of assist either. But it feels a bit hit and miss with then it kicks in. Finding the gunplay very similar to cold war also - there's a certain detachment between shooting and hit markers and it all feels a bit floaty.

Actually not minding it so much and because I never really got into it on release and I can still get lobbies really easily, I'm going to play this and MW and not bother with CW. Been getting lobbies consistently in 30ms range and pretty good hit reg too.

Might pick up CW in a sale or something.

Don
Played a few games last night and actually enjoyed it. Once it's had a few balance patches and more maps I think this will be a good COD.

I'm usually a great defender of the series, not because of anything in particular, I just enjoy playing TDM and I'm pretty good at it.
This one though I'm really struggling with, I'm not sure its because of the people playing but its massively tailored towards long shots, running with an SMG just seems impossible. The maps, there isn't enough of them and they're designed now where you know where everyone will just sit, some of the spawns are terrible too. I don't usually rage quit but playing this on my own today I did in the end, its just not an enjoyable experience.

Soldato
So I've played another 5 hours and I have really had enough, I am playing against controller players and getting beaten every single time, different people on different lobbies. I don't seem to be able to ADS on target as quick as everybody else. I'm guessing it's aim assist beating me to it? I wish they'd introduce input specific matches as at the moment it's utterly pointless. Could anyone else have a go with a keyboard and mouse and see if it's just not me?

Soldato
So I've played another 5 hours and I have really had enough, I am playing against controller players and getting beaten every single time, different people on different lobbies. I don't seem to be able to ADS on target as quick as everybody else. I'm guessing it's aim assist beating me to it? I wish they'd introduce input specific matches as at the moment it's utterly pointless. Could anyone else have a go with a keyboard and mouse and see if it's just not me?

I've been playing this almost exclusively on kb/m (on xbox), I'm not finding I'm getting beaten every time with ADS. Where I'm seeing an issue is due to the fast pace of the game and how they have 'calibrated' the mouse inputs (no idea if I'm describing this correctly). It excessively twitchy and sensitive even with the sensitivity values basically turned all the way down (currently 4.5 and 0.5).

Any kind of jumping/sliding action while trying to turn and aim is just impossible to do. For example in MW I can jump around a corner and aim/shoot someone with relative ease. Not saying I'm pro but I'm pretty good at it. In Cold War it's just not possible the second any kind of non-ADS rotation is added I end up waving around like a madman. For me it's that rotational aim-assist that gives pad users the biggest advantage at the minute. I don't think the other aim assist is that powerful and it' doesn't snap on, it just forces the aim movement down so they can track you better. This is based on my experience trying to get Gold with the knife as one of the challenges is get sliding kills.

If you want to be on top, the best way to achieve this would be a pad with the paddles on the back, that way you get the benefit of the assists but you can get closer to the movement you have with a kb/m as you don't need to take your thumbs off the sticks to jump/crouch.

To answer your question though, this is incredibly tricky with a kb/m.

Soldato
Thanks, something's off, either that or perhaps most joypad players are simply better than me, oh the shame. So you've got 4.5 mouse sensitivity, what's the 0.5, the ADS multipler?

Soldato
Thanks, something's off, either that or perhaps most joypad players are simply better than me, oh the shame. So you've got 4.5 mouse sensitivity, what's the 0.5, the ADS multipler?

No probs! My settings are:
Sensitivity 4.5
ADS low 0.5 (but I keep bouncing between this and .75)
ADS high and vehicle is 1
ADS transition is instant
Sensitivity mode is relative rest are all default with smooth and filtering off. I think my issue might be the default coefficient is too high at 1.78 I'm going to see if knocking it down to 1.3 makes a difference.

Edit: Yeah knocking the coefficient down to 1.3 has helped I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've not changed settings besides FOV but I'm enjoying this each time I play

To me the multi player is as good as reboot of modern warfare, I prefer the score streak system over kill streak system as gives me a chance to get the good ones!

Still to try zombies

Playing it on XBSS

Soldato
I'm usually a great defender of the series, not because of anything in particular, I just enjoy playing TDM and I'm pretty good at it.
This one though I'm really struggling with, I'm not sure its because of the people playing but its massively tailored towards long shots, running with an SMG just seems impossible. The maps, there isn't enough of them and they're designed now where you know where everyone will just sit, some of the spawns are terrible too. I don't usually rage quit but playing this on my own today I did in the end, its just not an enjoyable experience.

I feel the game is tailored towards long shots. I play the camping game and its certainly harder in this one due to busy maps and lack of good spots. Plus the range on SMGs is almost sniper like!

Soldato
I feel the game is tailored towards long shots. I play the camping game and its certainly harder in this one due to busy maps and lack of good spots. Plus the range on SMGs is almost sniper like!
I never played the beta am sure it was on here and elsewhere people moaned about who snipers were over powered? Was that the case cause in games I have played most people seem to use the standard xm4 rifle or kirg

Soldato
I never played the beta am sure it was on here and elsewhere people moaned about who snipers were over powered? Was that the case cause in games I have played most people seem to use the standard xm4 rifle or kirg

Nah its an MP5 fest at the moment. I wish it was all snipers, love taking them out with my m16!

Soldato
I managed to grind to Prestige last night, mainly using the Kirg and pistol. I'm finding it a little better now I've adjusted the sensitivity (thanks Benji) but I agree that close up combat is awful. I absolutely hate the damn Desert map and the one in the snow, loving Moscow and Garrison best.

Soldato
Any one else achievements not always popping? So for example in echos of cold war, I used special weapon and killed enemies on the zipline but didn't pop

Back
Top Bottom