Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
Yeah it seems that crossplay in the game is simply platform based and not input based like MW is. At least on xbox anyway. Not sure about playstation.

Thats a real shame. I can see this release being a car crash unless they fix it. There doesent seem much appetite for it in general, but perhaps it is early days. I just hope they don't gimp MW to try and force players into Cold War.

The business model doesent like it if players stick with the old game instead of consuming the new one - so the coming weeks will be interesting.

Associate
Can crossplay be at least turned off though appreciate this does not prevent mouse/keyboard users on your own platform if m/k supported. I do see an optional turn off crossplay in warzone

Soldato
Can crossplay be at least turned off though appreciate this does not prevent mouse/keyboard users on your own platform if m/k supported. I do see an optional turn off crossplay in warzone

Yeah you can turn off crossplay for core game modes.

But as previously mentioned there is no indication what control method people in the lobby are using - or at least I couldn't find one.

Definite mouse-like players in console only lobbies. I accept some players can be really good on a pad but by the same token - mouse movement is just different to pad players, even really good ones.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah you can turn off crossplay for core game modes.

But as previously mentioned there is no indication what control method people in the lobby are using - or at least I couldn't find one.

Definite mouse-like players in console only lobbies. I accept some players can be really good on a pad but by the same token - mouse movement is just different to pad players, even really good ones.

you have to go into social then recent players and it tell you there what input method they’re using

Caporegime
Yeah it seems that crossplay in the game is simply platform based and not input based like MW is. At least on xbox anyway. Not sure about playstation.

Thats a real shame. I can see this release being a car crash unless they fix it. There doesent seem much appetite for it in general, but perhaps it is early days. I just hope they don't gimp MW to try and force players into Cold War.

The business model doesent like it if players stick with the old game instead of consuming the new one - so the coming weeks will be interesting.

I was always being put in KB and mouse lobbies in MW?? My KD is 1.5 at the moment, it was 1 in MW but I did ruin it by levelling up guns in shipment.

You can add a delay to match making to make sure you get put in more matched lobbies, and make sure your NAT type is open as well to make sure you get the biggest pool of lobies/players. Can't say I've struggled as much as others here, maybe I just get on better with Cold War.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was always being put in KB and mouse lobbies in MW?? My KD is 1.5 at the moment, it was 1 in MW but I did ruin it by levelling up guns in shipment.

You can add a delay to match making to make sure you get put in more matched lobbies, and make sure your NAT type is open as well to make sure you get the biggest pool of lobies/players. Can't say I've struggled as much as others here, maybe I just get on better with Cold War.

What console are you on? I play MW on PS4 (and PC). On PS4 I almost always went into pad lobbies with crossplay off. Did have instances where mouse users were put into player pool in the lobby but it never turned out to be prevalent and in any case I could see this in lobby and just quit before match start - which is something I sometimes did when 4-6 players were mouse users.

I never played MW on xbox so it may be that being matched with mouse players with crossplay off is a normal occurrence on xbox.

Caporegime
Played MW on PS4 and Xbox, lobbies were equally as sweaty for me. Just Cold War on my XS so far, not found the lobbies as difficult as others here. Mainly play domination or hardpoint and have a 1.5KD on those modes, TDM is a bit lower as I just run around like an idiot and still need to level up the MP5 a bit more.

Really enjoying zombies as well, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's been a lot less stressful than playing warzone.

Caporegime
OP
From what I've read online it seems that the aim assist actively helps KB/M players on Cold War whilst harming your aim on a pad.

Personally I have noticed this a lot the last couple of days whilst playing:

Soldato
It doesn't help mouse and keyboard in the slightest. That video is just saying there's a weird bubble for the assist. If you watch his other video the bigger issue you're probably having is bullet velocity.

This game is a nightmare with a kb/m, it's way too sensitive to do anything such as hipfire as once you start to turn you just spin around. I've had to knock my sensitivity down to 4 and .5 and it's still hard to track targets. The only advantage a kB/m player might have is in its easier to move around. I'll use MW as a comparison again, on there I have the sensitivity up high and I'm able to track players with ease.

Caporegime
OP
It doesn't help mouse and keyboard in the slightest. That video is just saying there's a weird bubble for the assist. If you watch his other video the bigger issue you're probably having is bullet velocity.

This game is a nightmare with a kb/m, it's way too sensitive to do anything such as hipfire as once you start to turn you just spin around. I've had to knock my sensitivity down to 4 and .5 and it's still hard to track targets. The only advantage a kB/m player might have is in its easier to move around. I'll use MW as a comparison again, on there I have the sensitivity up high and I'm able to track players with ease.

I’m not saying that video supports the helping of keyboard players, that is something else I have read online from people who have later on both platforms and feel/see a difference

Soldato
I’m not saying that video supports the helping of keyboard players, that is something else I have read online from people who have later on both platforms and feel/see a difference

That's fair. They need to get on top of the numerous problems with the game or the player base is not going to be as strong as it should be. Especially now the MW/Warzone side of things is in such a strong place.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah I agree, if they don’t keep adding lots of content (season 1 needs to have at least 4 maps day one IMHO) then the base will just leave, there’s not real much here to keep people. No wonder they didn’t release the CW integration into Warzone at launch because everyone would bounce hard.

Don
I'm not sure how I feel about it, the first two nights against fellow noobs was quite fun but now I'm getting nailed, I don't feel its a game you can run and gun, people just camping and long shot galore. Not sure that can change with the maps. I'm normally very competitive even in SBMM but this one I'm really struggling with.

Back
Top Bottom