Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Soldato
Yes, you can disable cross play. I've done it.

I wish I could filter so no m/kb at all as some on Xbox use it.

Yep. I note that crossplay only turns off cross platform matchmaking, not control specific matchmaking or at least it does not specify that it does like MW on PS4 does.

So far I have played one map. Gunplay feels terrible, as does the movement.

My connection was also shocking and had the old crappy p2p connection feeling - ie had my gun up shooting on my screen but insta died and in replay I didn't even have gun up. This happened at least a dozen times in one map! :(

Also several players in match had that mouse feel about them. Either mousers or super awesome with a pad.

Truly not a good first impression.

I will give it a proper play this week but so far I'm not impressed.

Soldato
Yep. I note that crossplay only turns off cross platform matchmaking, not control specific matchmaking or at least it does not specify that it does like MW on PS4 does.

So far I have played one map. Gunplay feels terrible, as does the movement.

My connection was also shocking and had the old crappy p2p connection feeling - ie had my gun up shooting on my screen but insta died and in replay I didn't even have gun up. This happened at least a dozen times in one map! :(

Also several players in match had that mouse feel about them. Either mousers or super awesome with a pad.

Truly not a good first impression.

I will give it a proper play this week but so far I'm not impressed.

Spoiler alert:

The gun play doesn't get much better. If you are coming from MW then everything feels off

Soldato
Spoiler alert:

The gun play doesn't get much better. If you are coming from MW then everything feels off

Actually changed my mind. Im not going to persevere. I'm going to stick with MW for as long as I can. Refund requested for cold war and MS given me a refund notification within 2 minutes! Happy days.

About as long as it took me to realise this cod just isn't going to be for me :p

Caporegime
OP
Thanks. I would greatly appreciate it if you could confirm one way or the other if you are perhaps due to be playing it again soon? Google is turning up very little reliable information.

I dont play Warzone so as long as I can disable crossplay in core game modes then I will keep it.

Also I heard there is a setting in the xbox system options to disable crossplay too. Cant say as I have seen it myself though.

yep just to confirm the above, crossplay can be turned off. I must have been in a lobby when I tried hence why I couldn’t turn it off

Soldato
For those complaining about getting paired with mouse and keyboard players, those are most likely controller players. It's probably the crap SBMM just pairing you with sweaty CDL kids. The majority of the playerbase will be pads, even on the PC the pads have a decent showing with the better players. It only really puts keyboard and mouse players in your lobby if you've grouped up with someone using that, then it'll bring more in. That's been my experience in MW and I'd imagine it's the same cross-play logic they use here, if they aren't then it's another area in which this is just a mess of a game after all the glitches and crashes.

I'm close to giving up with it, I went back to MW yesterday and it's just such a better put together game. Sure there are some mechanics of it that aren't great but it feels like a triple A title compared to Cold War.

Soldato
Having played both multiplayer I don't think one is better than the other, I'm enjoying cold war online, like the dirty bomb mode.

I enjoyed modern warfare online excluding Warzone as that's garbage.

Comparing single players though cold wars so far is much better than MW campaign

Soldato
The mp isn't anything special when you compare it to the old games such as MW 1&2, BLOPS 1&2 but it's definitely better than the crap we've had for the last few years.

Caporegime
OP
3JqemNG.jpg

Why am I playing people who have prestiged already? Needless to say I got absolutely smacked by them, I finished that game with 6 kills LMAO. The connections are definitely off as well, no end of times last night I was shooting people and getting nothing but dead.

That’s with crossplay off so I just turned it back on and I get put with people around my level.

Soldato
Looks like there is currently double do for everyone (I'm on Xbox). But playstation get bonus do for playing in parties and regular double do days.

It doesn't tell you there is double xp until you finish the match btw.

Soldato
Double do...lmao brilliant.

I have brought shame to my family lol.

They were probably just losers like myself then. I'm a couple of levels below prestige at the moment. I'm hoping when the cold war weapons go to warzone it'll still be possible to use the supply run method to speed level them as it's super painful at the moment.

Soldato
I have brought shame to my family lol.

They were probably just losers like myself then. I'm a couple of levels below prestige at the moment. I'm hoping when the cold war weapons go to warzone it'll still be possible to use the supply run method to speed level them as it's super painful at the moment.

Playing Zombies level up your weapons pretty quickly.

Soldato
I'm certainly no pro but was fairly decent at BLOPS 2 on the PC, there's definitely something off with the keyboard and mouse control here, I'm having trouble hitting anything! I swear I'm shooting first and seem on target but always seem to come off second best, perhaps the aim assist actually helps controller users? Starting to grate a little now.

Caporegime
OP
There’s something off in general....whew...I am getting deleted in every encounter I have.

Every lobby I’m in is against mouse and keyboard players...WTF

Back
Top Bottom