Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Man of Honour
I'm playing on PS4.

There are definitely dedicated servers because I have connected to them occasionally.

I wonder if the filtering on my Nighthawk Netduma OS router is having an effect.

Soldato
I'm playing on PS4.

There are definitely dedicated servers because I have connected to them occasionally.

I wonder if the filtering on my Nighthawk Netduma OS router is having an effect.

Could be, I think it was yesterday PSN was having some problems but even then I didn't notice any problem in game.

Caporegime
OP
I'm playing on PS4.

More than likely, I ended up ditching my Netduma as it was giving less and less favourable results.

Now I just run an RT-ac68u and never had a problem with connections.

Man of Honour
It's not my router, there just aren't enough dedicated servers to go around. First game on tonight and it was a dedicated until I left the lobby to go and eat. Came back and every lobby was peer connection. Every time I completed a game I left the lobby, chose a different game type and each time it's a peer connection with people skipping all over the place and sponging bullets.

Activision can blow me, trading this game in and that's it for me and COD.

Caporegime
OP
I'm still running off a Duma and rarely do I have such poor connections.

It wasn’t so much connections being poor but I was constantly just on a server on the south coast of England against foreigners, and it was foreigners from the Far East, I stopped using it and got matched with more English people and other local Europeans, that’s what o meant by favourable realists, couldn’t fault the connection to the server but for some odd reason I always ended up against people far away, this was in the advanced warfare days.

It's not my router, there just aren't enough dedicated servers to go around. First game on tonight and it was a dedicated until I left the lobby to go and eat. Came back and every lobby was peer connection. Every time I completed a game I left the lobby, chose a different game type and each time it's a peer connection with people skipping all over the place and sponging bullets.

Activision can blow me, trading this game in and that's it for me and COD.

I’d be wary of what you are classing (depending on how the new servers are classed) as p2p servers because don’t they have to update the database of servers? Or is it different now on DumaOS?

Edit: Out of curiosity is that your post on the forum? And this post might be of interest if you haven’t seen it already

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26344-black-ops-4-support/?tab=comments

Man of Honour
No, that's not me.

Maybe some of the connections are dedicated and not peer, particularly when I looked up one "peer" connection and it's probably a data centre in London.

Even so it's still laggy a lot of the time.

Man of Honour
Yes it's the router's Netduma OS that tells you if it's dedicated.

But from reading the thread linked earlier, it seems that the information the router gives out has to be updated manually by the software developers themselves. So some connections that the router says are peer are actually dedicated.

Still doesn't matter when dedicated server connections feel so inconsistent sometimes.

Then take how unbalanced some of the guns are and you have a game with an increased time to kill with a reduced time to die.

It's very frustrating.

Soldato
I’m really not enjoying this tbh. It might be as I’m crap but I just cannot seem to shoot anyone. Maybe I’m too old and slow for twitch shooters now.... lol

Soldato
Having the same issue, tempted to flick it on whilst it's still fetching a decent price. I've got AC:Odyssey waiting, RDR2 and Hitman 2 preordered so no shortage of decent games to replace it.

Soldato
I’m really not enjoying this tbh. It might be as I’m crap but I just cannot seem to shoot anyone. Maybe I’m too old and slow for twitch shooters now.... lol

I find the connections to be a bit dodgy. It takes me 6 bullets to kill somebody but I die as if I'm playing hardcore mode on mw2.

Soldato
The connections are also dodgy in COD. It goes from good to unplayable. I had a few games last night. One game got a 2.5kd. Next game, same lobby, I had a 0.18kd before I quit. But I have more good than bad in this game.

Man of Honour

My KDR for WW2 was just under 1.7 and running well over 2 for at least the last month. Not bad when you consider I'm 50 next year and most of the good COD players had a lower KDR for WW2 than previous CODs.

In this game my KDR is 1.77, which isn't actually my really KDR it's that fake one that includes asists as kills. My real KDR is less than 1.5 so there's definitely some inconsistencies somewhere and it's not all me.

Back
Top Bottom