Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII

Soldato
The connections are also dodgy in COD. It goes from good to unplayable. I had a few games last night. One game got a 2.5kd. Next game, same lobby, I had a 0.18kd before I quit. But I have more good than bad in this game.

It the same crap every year though nothing changes glad I ditched COD a while ago I miss jumping on with the lads but dont miss all this rubbish.

Caporegime
OP
I'm done. Tried again tonight and it's just not for me.

Constant shoot first die first. I know I'm not Godlike at COD, but I'm not as bad as this game makes me out to be.

It’s funny because your posts are the exact same experience I had with the beta, yet in the full game it’s a completely different experience and I am having lots of fun.

Don
I can see why people would rage quit on this game, there is no room for error in terms of shooting, you don't get your aim instantly right there is pretty much no recovery. I am however, really enjoying it, not doing the greatest (my reactions aren't what they were of ten years ago) but I only play TDM so as long as I'm in the plus I'm doing something of positive!

Love the old maps!

COD must have the worst rep that if you're not enjoying it you must bring the whole fan base down with you :p

Man of Honour
It’s funny because your posts are the exact same experience I had with the beta, yet in the full game it’s a completely different experience and I am having lots of fun.

Cod has been like this for nearly a decade. It's great fun when you win the connection lottery at the expense of some other poor sod, but it sucks when you're on the wrong end of it.

Caporegime
OP
Cod has been like this for nearly a decade. It's great fun when you win the connection lottery at the expense of some other poor sod, but it sucks when you're on the wrong end of it.

I’ll tell you what the difference is, I don’t give a crap about my KDR in this game, I just want to play to have fun and capture the objective, I’m not obsessing over my stats

Man of Honour
Just played WW2 for an hour of Domination 18 captures, 38 defends . SPM of 612, KDR of 2.1.

All lobbies on dedicated severs with 16-30ms ping.

I've uninstalled BO4 now and I'll sell it on.

V F

V F

Soldato
I’ll tell you what the difference is, I don’t give a crap about my KDR in this game, I just want to play to have fun and capture the objective, I’m not obsessing over my stats

Sadly in so many ways it's what so many are now obsessed with. I see the exact same in Quake. If you're not hitting 45%+ LG and 60%+ Railgun, you're garbage.

Soldato
Sadly in so many ways it's what so many are now obsessed with. I see the exact same in Quake. If you're not hitting 45%+ LG and 60%+ Railgun, you're garbage.

I think thats only part of the picture. Sure, people use stats as an indicator of performance. But the main gripe of most posts I have seen in here is yet again the COD netcode is garbage. £60 to play the connection lottery where the odds appear to be stacked high against you.

Its about fairness. Players being repeatedly hobbled by the netcode / server architechture is just not cricket. It creates frustration and derision towards the franchise. Fine if someone is happy to get ripped off because they feel like they are having fun, but thats really missing the point - the problems still exist even if someone chooses to ignore them.

There is no reason players should pay a premium and be regularly subject to a sub-par performance. Its greed at the expense of the playing experience. Simple as that.

The RRP is higher than probably every other game in the genre yet the online performance is lower. Go figure.

Soldato
I couldn't give two hoots about my KDR, I care that the game just isn't fun when the netcode is utter tripe and so many of the people who play it are utter morons.

In any case, my copy is sold, firing up Return of the Obra Dinn for something completely different :)

Soldato
I got this today and I've probably had one or two games without any lag, other than that it's been unplayable at times. Cod WW2 wasn't a great game but at least it wasn't ever laggy for me.

I very much doubt it's my internet connection either because I've got fiber and don't have any issue with any other online multiplayer games.

Back
Top Bottom