** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Is there a way to check your ping in a MP game?

Also am I the only one who uses a 360 pad? :p I do better with it than K&M :eek:

Can't see ping in game. Not sure if there's some third party software that can show you.
Hopefully ping stat is added along with server browser.

Bought the game on PC just so I could use keyboard & mouse. Find it so much better than a controller.
All about preference.

There are no dedicated servers at the moment and obviously so.
Not to mention I've seen a couple 'Could not migrate host' errors.

You may not be connecting to them, but there ARE dedicated servers.
I haven't once had "migrating host" during a game and I've put in a lot of hours online.
Not had any issues with lag either.

Last edited:
A quick question, would it be ok to install the multiplayer on an ssd and single player on a normal hard drive? or do they share resources or something?

A quick question, would it be ok to install the multiplayer on an ssd and single player on a normal hard drive? or do they share resources or something?

Not sure you can split them mate via the installer. You could create a virtual link to the MP folder from the main folder. MP files across to SSD and then virtual link them. Not sure exactly how but Google loves these types of questions

You may not be connecting to them, but there ARE dedicated servers.
I haven't once had "migrating host" during a game and I've put in a lot of hours online.
Not had any issues with lag either.

If there ARE dedicated servers, then what am I connecting to that I get very occasional host migration issues?

Truth is, nobody actually knows for certain and Activision and IW aren't saying anything yet.
http://www.examiner.com/article/cal...rver-questions-met-with-confusion-and-silence

I think it likely to be some sort of hybrid solution where it's still P2P in that someone is hosting, but rather than one host, there are multiples and if the live host disconnects, there is some kind of server setup that seamlessly switches to one of the backup hosts.

Last edited:
Is there a way to check your ping in a MP game?

Also am I the only one who uses a 360 pad? :p I do better with it than K&M :eek:

That could be because of the 'aimbot' they've put in for the 360 pad :rolleyes:.
Also, until it was patched, it was possible to leverage the auto assistance when using your M&K simply by having a 360 pad plugged in to any USB port.

I just played tonight and the whole game crashes, screen went blank and I got no signal detected, then the pc restarted. I have been playing fine all week no probs. Iv just played about an hour on bf4 and thats fine, temps etc are fine. Anyone else had this?

That makes it sound more like they are coming, but not in use yet.

Hmm true...this was from over a week ago. But then I'm sure there would have been an announcement about them going live if they weren't on from release day.

All I can say is, I've had sessions on this game where I haven't left the lobby for hours and not once had to migrate host. And playing S&R people were disconnecting all the time.
No way I'd be hosting with a measly 3mb down and .2mb up either lol. Would have had constant complaints about lag.

Also, played a scrim earlier which obviously has to be hosted by someone and this was noticeably worse than public games. Felt like I was back on xbox again.

Lol...

codglol_zps7d44eee5.jpg

From - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-face-off

I've got everything set down to Normal and I get extra FPS drops, to the 20's, sometimes lower, when I ADS a Sniper with thermal scope... Same for anyone else?

Running with an AMD 1090t and GTX 680

That could be because of the 'aimbot' they've put in for the 360 pad :rolleyes:.
Also, until it was patched, it was possible to leverage the auto assistance when using your M&K simply by having a 360 pad plugged in to any USB port.

Aimbot hey? Cool. Surely I should do better than how I'm doing then.

I've been a consoler for 8 years, can't get away from a pad. Tried and failed.

Back
Top Bottom