** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Associate
I'm running a 660GTX, 8GB Ram, i5 2550 and SB Z. I've selected single screen performance in nVidia CP, and use optimal settings in GeForce Exp and it runs okay until I come across an enemy then it stutters, sometimes worse than others. Why I don't know. I read somewhere there is a patch being released on the 15th to address the issues. I haven't played SP yet.

Man of Honour
I had issues with stutter in the MP on release and dropped texture and detail settings down and it ran ok. After a few days I tried cranking up the settings and it's mostly been fine. So I think may well be server related, or host related depending on how the MP is hosted.

I think the patch due this week will add S&D mode as well.

Associate
Are you using a frame rate unlocked? The game is capped at 91 FPS otherwise.

Plus are you running it on low settings? Maxed out at 1920x1200 and I get 45-70 in the SP with a GTX 680.

Using the frame rate unlocker yes. 91 FPS is alright, but I prefer the higher frame rates.

IIRC I've got:

Refresh Rate: 120hz
Image Quality: Extra
Shadows/Distortion/Motion Blur: Off
Texture/Image/Specular: High
AA: 2X

Associate
A quick question.

A friend of mine has just given me a copy of this and my machine only has 4gb. In a month or so I am hoping to upgrade to a 16gb beast but for now I am curious about the patch that allows SP to work regardless of ram.

If I use this patch/crack does that land me in trouble with Steam? Is it against there rules and has anyone actually been reprimanded for the use of this work around or are Steam/Activision being cool about it?

Thank you for any help in advance.

Soldato
I'm running a 660GTX, 8GB Ram, i5 2550 and SB Z. I've selected single screen performance in nVidia CP, and use optimal settings in GeForce Exp and it runs okay until I come across an enemy then it stutters, sometimes worse than others. Why I don't know. I read somewhere there is a patch being released on the 15th to address the issues. I haven't played SP yet.

I have a 670GTX, 8GB and a 2500k, but using the GF Exp optimal makes the game a stuttering mess. I've had to crank everything down to get it smooth.

Associate
Does the crossfire profile in the 13.11b9 help fps for any of you?

mine are worse with 2 7950's than with just one. not sure if its the profile, the game, or something else. :(

I turned off crossfire for now, game still runs great maxed out, hope they get this sorted soon though because its a pain switching between games turning crossfire on and off. I'm loving the game itself though, great fun!

Soldato
Hi, if your having mouse lag (not as smooth as in Black Ops2) problems try turning the DPI down to 250 if you can.

Running Sli 670's no problems just get a texture glitch when using a scope no and then.

Associate
Using the frame rate unlocker yes. 91 FPS is alright, but I prefer the higher frame rates.

IIRC I've got:

Refresh Rate: 120hz
Image Quality: Extra
Shadows/Distortion/Motion Blur: Off
Texture/Image/Specular: High
AA: 2X

Tried these settings, much, much better. Still a small amount of stutter now and again but it's almost there :)

Associate
That did it. Although I am starting to think server lag is coming into it as well. Last game was back to normal but a lot of players were complaining about lag except for one guy who thought he might have been host. See what the patch does tomorrow.

Associate
That did it. Although I am starting to think server lag is coming into it as well. Last game was back to normal but a lot of players were complaining about lag except for one guy who thought he might have been host. See what the patch does tomorrow.

Well you could test graphics lag/stuttering in a private match that your computer hosts, if it all looks good there then you are probably right about the other loose end being host connection.

Dunno what the word on dedicated servers are, maybe they will come out with the next patch?

Man of Honour
There's definitely an issue with latency, whether that's down to local hosting or something else I don't know. I do know that some games I can't buy a kill no matter what. I can get four or five shots into some players before they've opened fire and nothing, I just die. On my screen they've one shorted me, on the kill cam they've drilled me with half a clip and my shots didn't even register. I know that's something that's always been in the game, but it seems worse than ever now.

I thought this game used dedicated servers, or is that something coming later?

Associate
There's definitely an issue with latency, whether that's down to local hosting or something else I don't know. I do know that some games I can't buy a kill no matter what. I can get four or five shots into some players before they've opened fire and nothing, I just die. On my screen they've one shorted me, on the kill cam they've drilled me with half a clip and my shots didn't even register. I know that's something that's always been in the game, but it seems worse than ever now.

I thought this game used dedicated servers, or is that something coming later?

Currently there are no dedicated servers. Games are hosted by whoever is deemed the best connection by the game and the host always has a noticeable advantage.

I've been known to rage quite hard when my screen shows one thing and the killcam shows another story, like it happened a second before my computer registered it (which in reality is what happened).

COD has always had this issue though when player hosts are used and to be fair considering that it has to relay data where micro-seconds count it does a pretty decent job.

Man of Honour
I there anyway to force the game to make you the host like you could do with MW2?

In MW2 you could keep leaving the lobby after it checked for games with 50ms or less. Eventually it would add matched players to your lobby and you'd be the host.

Associate
I there anyway to force the game to make you the host like you could do with MW2?

In MW2 you could keep leaving the lobby after it checked for games with 50ms or less. Eventually it would add matched players to your lobby and you'd be the host.

I don't know about forcing yourself as a host, two things you can do are:

1) In the mp_config file set the max_ping setting from 850 to something around 120. It will search for lobbies and people under the set rate. So even if you can't be host at least the connection should be decent.

2) Buy the best internet package you can ;)

Associate
Currently there are no dedicated servers. Games are hosted by whoever is deemed the best connection by the game and the host always has a noticeable advantage.

There have been dedicated servers since release. There's just no server browser...yet. (They are supposedly adding one)

You will be put into P2P if you can't connect to servers. This only happened to me when NAT was strict.

Back
Top Bottom