** Call of duty ghosts (MW4) **

Soldato
Aimbot hey? Cool. Surely I should do better than how I'm doing then.

I've been a consoler for 8 years, can't get away from a pad. Tried and failed.

I've no problems with people using pads, but I don't think they should be putting aim assist in for them. If someone wants to use a pad, or any other alternative form of control, they should be on the same level playing field as everyone else.

Soldato
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to put this on it's own.

** POSSIBLE FIX FOR THOSE OF US WITH STUTTER/LAG **

I found this tip on youtube and while I initially thought it idiotic as it doesn't make sense, I eventually became desperate and gave it a try. I'm not sure how or why, but it's sorted the game out for myself and a few clanmates who were also having trouble.

* Either wait until the game next crashes, or force close it.
-Start game
-Ctrl + alt + del
-Open task manager
-Find the game process
-Right click and end process

* When asked if you want to start in safe mode, say YES.
* The game will open in a tiny little window, change the resolution to what it should be and hit ESC. (Don't touch any of the other settings)
* Be amazed that it now runs MUCH smoother.

I should mention that if you're one of those who are able to play on max settings with little problem, this likely is not the fix for you.
This is more for those of us who have systems that should be able to play on max settings, but have had to turn settings down to try and make it playable.

(Strangest thing is that my game plays and looks better now than it did at the settings I lowered it to before in order to make it almost playable.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Are Windows 8.1 users still have mouse issues?

I installed the Hotfix earlier in the week and tried all the usual suggestions but it's still unplayable for me.

If I move the mouse slowly nothing happens in game but if I move it violently then the character on screen reacts about 400ms later.

Don
I've no problems with people using pads, but I don't think they should be putting aim assist in for them. If someone wants to use a pad, or any other alternative form of control, they should be on the same level playing field as everyone else.

But I thought the general concensus was you're a major disadvantage with a pad vs k&m? Maybe it evens the score slightly. Regardless I haven't noticed an aim bot and when it comes down to a reaction kill, ie running round a corner game pad is at a major disadvantage having to press a trigger down rather than press a mouse button.

Soldato
But I thought the general concensus was you're a major disadvantage with a pad vs k&m? Maybe it evens the score slightly. Regardless I haven't noticed an aim bot and when it comes down to a reaction kill, ie running round a corner game pad is at a major disadvantage having to press a trigger down rather than press a mouse button.

Yes a M&K is better than a pad, but not so much if you're able to instantly lock on to the next target at the press of a button.

What I had read basically said that if you played with a 360 pad on the pc version, the game would pretty much auto aim and lock on for you.
Maybe the article was exaggerating, or maybe they patched it already.

Associate
Hi guys Im looking for a good clan to join, theres me and a friend who always play together and are always the top two in our team and tbh are getting sick to tears of being stuck with noobs! We play domination mainly. We both have decent k/d mine is 1.3 his is nearly 1.7. Not interested in kidde clans or quickscoping nublets, teamwork and decent skill is what were after. Oh were both prestigued too, im prestigue two and him three. We love a good bit of banter too, right i think thats everything needed lol gimme a shout on here or steam if anyones looking. Steam id R1pJaWx241 \m/

Soldato
I'll add you guys tonight that gave your steam name.

Also, ripjaw, I'd be happy to join you. Been playing on PC since BlackOps 1. I don't have the best KDR because I mainly try and play the objective. Domination is my favourite.

STUTTERING
I've don't all that's said before this post and I still get annoying FPS drops. Especially when I ADS with a thermal scope. Is this because I'm on Windows 7? I might try to look into dual booting 8.1 but I'd rather not.

Soldato
STUTTERING
I've don't all that's said before this post and I still get annoying FPS drops. Especially when I ADS with a thermal scope. Is this because I'm on Windows 7? I might try to look into dual booting 8.1 but I'd rather not.

ADS with a scope is because it has to render the same scene twice. Once for what you see in the scope, and once for the blurred peripheral vision. Stupid, I think.

Soldato
Pretty sure that doesn't work, you need to download a program. I use 90 though. Not played in a while though, get horrible stuttering every game, stops a bit when I close chrome/steam chat but I like listening to music ;-;

Man of Honour
Last four games have ended in connection to host lost in the last few minutes. What a terrible game this is.

I've played 35 hours and that has only happened to me once.

The reason it happened was I was transferring files over my network and it basically flooded the router and so the game assumed I had a crap connection and stuck me in a locally hosted game. The game was very laggy, as you'd expect and I got the could not migrate to a new host error within seconds of joining the round.

Don
I've played 35 hours and that has only happened to me once.

The reason it happened was I was transferring files over my network and it basically flooded the router and so the game assumed I had a crap connection and stuck me in a locally hosted game. The game was very laggy, as you'd expect and I got the could not migrate to a new host error within seconds of joining the round.

Well it's laggy usually anyway tbh but never kicked me out of a game, it seemed to be every game I was doing well :p

Back
Top Bottom