Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Soldato
Played a fair bit last night, started off doing well and slowly dropped down the order.

Footsteps are too loud and ttk seems real fast for a normal game mode.

Few tweaks, hardcore mode and plenty to unlock and mess about with and I will probs enjoy it and get my monies worth.

I fell into it quickly and will likely buy it when released as it's easy to jump on for a few games when the little one goes to bed.

Soldato
I like it and have it preordered.

I am wondering though is it possible still to get a refund on a preorder even if Ive played the early release beta?

Im not worried if I can't, but I was thinking of maybe putting the money on my account to something else for the time being and buying cod at release.

Soldato
Think it's live at 6pm. Had it pre downloaded since Wed.

What was the install size?

Anyone payed £100 for the vault edition? :eek:

I don’t know why single player and MP are part of the same package. They should just have a permanent MP with new seasons that have major upgrades.

I only really enjoy the campaign cos I suck at MP. :D

Don
What was the install size?

Anyone payed £100 for the vault edition? :eek:

I don’t know why single player and MP are part of the same package. They should just have a permanent MP with new seasons that have major upgrades.

I only really enjoy the campaign cos I suck at MP. :D

35gb I think.

You can play it and suck, that's why they brought out SBMM, the majority of the community detest it however.

Associate
Played a fair bit last night, started off doing well and slowly dropped down the order.

Footsteps are too loud and ttk seems real fast for a normal game mode.

Few tweaks, hardcore mode and plenty to unlock and mess about with and I will probs enjoy it and get my monies worth.

I fell into it quickly and will likely buy it when released as it's easy to jump on for a few games when the little one goes to bed.
I like how the footsteps are reasonably loud/clear. The TTK is very low though which, imo, should be tweaked.

Another thing that needs tweaked is the aim assist. Holy fudging shizzle is it strong. I've had it tracking through surfaces/walls. Had folk jumping around corners and I've tracked them with nearly zero input.

Don
I’m really enjoying it, agree with a lot of the tweaks said on here and in the over all community. Trying to not play it too much where I start resenting the maps as there aren’t many! Be interesting how it copes with the open beta at the weekend.

Soldato
I’m playing it small stints, to me it all feels a bit samey, with regards to the maps. Are these maps based off previous CODs, as they feel very similar in setting. The maps in general seem popular for a lot, but I’m not liking them so much.

Soldato
I have played this all weekend. I wish they would change the following:

1. Nameplates - Where are they? The menu in settings suggest that they are there, hopefully a bug. Countless times have i not seen someone who blends in perfectly camping in a corner with a shotgun!
  2. Weapon smoke - Way too much of it, you can't see anything in front of you during sustained fire
  3. Weapon bloom - The recoil pattern doesn't feel right on the M4 for instance, it isn't always consistant either
  4. TTK - Feels like latency or something. One guy takes 4 bullets to kill, the other one 15, whats going on here.
  5. Perk system feels half baked. Not sure how this would work long time. Ghost, they need to make like on Vangaurd where if you are not moving a UAV can see you on the map. Otherwise it just encourages camping.

Visability is my biggest issue, most of my deaths are a result of not being able to see someoene.

Last edited:
Associate
I enjoyed it. Gameplay felt pretty tight, maps were good but a fraction boring. Occasionally felt I died to 2 shots to the foot so maybe some TTK tweaks like above. My aim is terrible on controller compaired to kbm so hard to judge TTK
I prefer the campaign and some casual MP on console but most MP on PC. I wish there was a cross-platform bundle!

Soldato
Some of the spawn points need tweaking, Farm 18 for example, sometimes spawning in metres away from B flag at the start of a match, get to B flag, and already someone is camping in the corner. Maybe its intentional, but I prefer starting spawns to be as far from B flag as possible.
Ive cancelled my preorder for now, will wait for release to see what the consensus is. Its pretty good, but needs some improvements, the maps Ive played (domination) to me are quite boring as well I find.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amazon just emailed me the Xbox early beta code, pre-order is now cancelled.

I'm looking forward to playing this with an Xbox controller after playing it on the PS5. The cheapest i can find a cross gen bundle code for is £42 so far.

Soldato
Amazon just emailed me the Xbox early beta code, pre-order is now cancelled.

I'm looking forward to playing this with an Xbox controller after playing it on the PS5. The cheapest i can find a cross gen bundle code for is £42 so far.
That's a good price. Amazon's Xbox version is at £59, which I was thinking of going for. Is your code source reputable, no VPN trickery?

Associate
I've preordered the standard cross gen edition through the Turkey PS store for £33. Though I'd seen that steam had increased MW2 Turkish store prices due to their high inflation so hoping that won't happen for PSN and the preorder price will be honoured.

Beta played well last weekend and maps seemed decent enough. Looks like a lot of effort has gone into the guns, animations etc. I'd be quite happy with an updated MW19 tbh. I see some pros/youtubers aren't happy with no slide cancelling, no red dots on mini map for unsuppressed fire but I don't really care.

Soldato
Played 2 games so far, first got absolutely ruined but started to get the hang of it, helps I was vs 4 console people in it though. It's really hard to know what all the loadout options do such as tactical etc as doesn't appear to be a way to preview before the game starts.

EDIT
Found custom loadouts now so all good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just fired it up and set everything up on Xbox, it shares progression between PS5 & Series X, so i get to start at Level 15 with my custom loadouts and weapon unlocks, result!

Last edited:
Soldato
Assuming cross gen is only Xbox and PS5 and doesn't include PC?

Just had a bug, first time I logged in earlier it asked me to verify my mobile number. I did that with no issues, just tried to log on again and it asked again but wouldn't let me verify so soon after the last time. Ended up removing my mobile number which in turn deactivated my steam guard and had to set it all up again.

Back
Top Bottom