Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022)

Associate
Can someone explain the whole jumping 'scene' in COD nowadays, is Fortnite to blame? I don't even know what it achieves, drop shotting is more of an annoyance. Maybe my old age is why it bugs me! Just seeing everyone jumping everywhere all the time

Also, can someone recommend thumbstick covers for the DS5? The standard ones are getting a tad uncomfortable and need more grip

I'm probably wrong but is it not something to do with aim assist on consoles being 'stronger' when in the air?

I've given up on it now, was enjoying at the beginning but SBMM has totally killed it for me just now.

Soldato
It's basically the same as drop shotting or sliding around corners but in the opposite direction. Most people hold their crosshairs around chest or head hight so jumping, or drop shooting/sliding, moves your hitbox out of this line of sight so you take less damage. Jumping seems preferred to drop shotting though as in dropping, you risk taking a headshot.

I do agree about SBMM though it's been ruining CoD for years. I do find the swing in matches odd though; not just a few good then a few bad matches. But playing in a party, it makes me suspicious they're doing some SBMM trickery per person rather than just matchmaking. It's anecdotal but seems the swing of a few good then a few bad matches seems to be per person and not based on the average skill of the party.

Soldato
It's basically the same as drop shotting or sliding around corners but in the opposite direction. Most people hold their crosshairs around chest or head hight so jumping, or drop shooting/sliding, moves your hitbox out of this line of sight so you take less damage. Jumping seems preferred to drop shotting though as in dropping, you risk taking a headshot.

I do agree about SBMM though it's been ruining CoD for years. I do find the swing in matches odd though; not just a few good then a few bad matches. But playing in a party, it makes me suspicious they're doing some SBMM trickery per person rather than just matchmaking. It's anecdotal but seems the swing of a few good then a few bad matches seems to be per person and not based on the average skill of the party.

100%. I jump on with my mate who has been playing COD for years and we are in some tough lobbies I'm middle of the team.

I jump in with my mate who's new to COD and frankly sucks lol and I'm top. For instance last night I had a few matches with him as party lead and was 27/2 on KD best match and not far off of that all night. I average a 0.98 K/D on my stats.

Soldato
I tried for the M13B a few times last night, I've killed the chemist but keep getting killed my AI I thought I'd already cleared out. Ran out of contraband weapons, so need to drop in grab a couple and extract I few times now, before I try again.

Soldato
Can someone explain the whole jumping 'scene' in COD nowadays, is Fortnite to blame? I don't even know what it achieves, drop shotting is more of an annoyance. Maybe my old age is why it bugs me! Just seeing everyone jumping everywhere all the time

I think jumping throws off your opponents aim assist so it makes it harder for them to kill you.

Soldato
100%. I jump on with my mate who has been playing COD for years and we are in some tough lobbies I'm middle of the team.

I jump in with my mate who's new to COD and frankly sucks lol and I'm top. For instance last night I had a few matches with him as party lead and was 27/2 on KD best match and not far off of that all night. I average a 0.98 K/D on my stats.

There's definitely SBMM that effects each match depending on who you're with. But it seems more individual too, I generally play with the same 3 to 5 people and it seems 1 or 2 of us have a good match, or a few good matches, then a different 1 or 2 will go on a run of good matches. I had a couple matches last night where I finished with a 2.X and 3.0 kd and the next match I had to go full try hard to get 0.5. Now everyone has a bad match and SBMM could have come in to effect but where it gets janky is a friend, who finished the first 2 matches with a 0.x k/d finished the match I went 0.5 with a 2.5kd.

As I said, it's anecdotal, but it does seem to happen with some regularity that those having good and bad matches alternates on a match by match basis though it's the same party in each match.

Caporegime
After trying for another couple of hours finally got the m13 legit, I’d actually mown him down a few times and even managed to get out with the gun but got melted by AI :(

I spawned so close to the radiation area, with an armoured LTV en route. Garounga’ed his entire squad, jumped out grabbed the gun and high tailed it to the nearest exfil. Kept the armoured vehicle and just drove around doing donuts running the AI over then got into the helicopter no bother.

It’s the luck aspect of this unlock that grates the most. You need to spawn close and have a decent vehicle nearby, then you’ve got to hope you’re the first there otherwise he will run off and it’s harder to run them all over. Then obviously you need to hope no one is camping the exfil.

Soldato
I think jumping throws off your opponents aim assist so it makes it harder for them to kill you.

I read elsewhere a long time ago it was being used to take advantage of the lags in rendering of the character models and hit box placements in the game engine that are exacerbated by old netcode and poor server refresh rates (and lag comp).

Not sure how true that is, but it’s another take on the question of why people are corner jumping.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got the M13b solo.

I spawned in close to the hazard zone & the EV Hummer (very quick). Grabbed the hummer and went straight to the chemist, ran him over got the blueprint and extracted :)

Soldato
I've found the x13 auto pistol and extracted with it, so it's now unlocked in multiplayer without leveling up the x12.

I just need to find these and extract with them now, so everything is unlocked in MP.

SO-14 - 6k
SA-B 50
LA-B 330 - 3k
SP-X 80 - 11k

Just the SA-B 50 left to find or buy and extract with now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
After trying for another couple of hours finally got the m13 legit, I’d actually mown him down a few times and even managed to get out with the gun but got melted by AI :(

I spawned so close to the radiation area, with an armoured LTV en route. Garounga’ed his entire squad, jumped out grabbed the gun and high tailed it to the nearest exfil. Kept the armoured vehicle and just drove around doing donuts running the AI over then got into the helicopter no bother.

It’s the luck aspect of this unlock that grates the most. You need to spawn close and have a decent vehicle nearby, then you’ve got to hope you’re the first there otherwise he will run off and it’s harder to run them all over. Then obviously you need to hope no one is camping the exfil.

What game mode are we talking about here, is it that new DMZ mode, I tried It yesterday with some randoms and I didn't have a clue what I was doing, or rather supposed to do. It seemed to be all Ai enemy as well, are there no enemy online players in this mode.

Soldato
What game mode are we talking about here, is it that new DMZ mode, I tried It yesterday with some randoms and I didn't have a clue what I was doing, or rather supposed to do. It seemed to be all Ai enemy as well, are there no enemy online players in this mode.

Yeah this is DMZ mode, there are about 60 players + loads of AI on the map. Doing missions, contracts or anything they like.

I'm just going in with no weapons, a stim, throwing knife(instant kill on 1st ai I see, grab their gun) and ammo crate and collecting weapons I haven't unlocked in multiplayer and extracting, so I get them unlocked in MP without leveling other weapons.

I need to clear a strong hold to get the next set of mission's at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really enjoying this year's COD.

I always think MW games are the better versions. They have totally ruined 3 round bursts though. The M16 is awful!

I've had to become a dirty sniper as I'm too slow in my old age for run and gun.

Soldato
Yeah this is DMZ mode, there are about 60 players + loads of AI on the map. Doing missions, contracts or anything they like.

I'm just going in with no weapons, a stim, throwing knife(instant kill on 1st ai I see, grab their gun) and ammo crate and collecting weapons I haven't unlocked in multiplayer and extracting, so I get them unlocked in MP without leveling other weapons.

I need to clear a strong hold to get the next set of mission's at the moment.

Cool, will try this, I take it you go in alone then and not match make with randoms?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really enjoying this year's COD.

I always think MW games are the better versions. They have totally ruined 3 round bursts though. The M16 is awful!

I've had to become a dirty sniper as I'm too slow in my old age for run and gun.
same, enjoying shoothouse especially, like the back of my hand!

Back
Top Bottom