Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Associate
this is where cod always fall short in these circumstances on the campaigns some are amazing and others you think why did i bother in which i hope its not the case for this one !

Caporegime
It definitely does feel a bit hacky, last minute job... the odd open world mission would be quite welcome, I think, but there seems to be quite a few.

Shame because the actual first mission was good. They probably blew their campaign budget on the first mission then tacked the rest on :p

Last edited:
Associate
Finished it this morning, what a **** poor campaign experience. Firstly, barely worked on PS5 (kept telling me to insert the MW2 disc, then had a random download I needed to do) so I ended up grabbing it on PC to play it.

Played around 2/3 hours last night then finished it off this morning.

It's so short, I think 5/6 hours was my total time?? It 100% feels like it was actually just the last 5 hours from the MW2 game that they pulled from last years game and then put into a new one.

Story was decent enough and I agree with others that the first mission was great. Makes sense why that was the only one they seemed to show in the trailers! I still don't like what they've done with some of the characters and it just feels like ever since MW2019's campaign they've just widely under-delivered. 2019 had a great single player campaign with some really memorable missions, it felt like a solid return to form for COD campaigns. MW2 was good, but tailed off at the end and the last mission was atrocious. For MW3, the first mission was great - then it just felt like filler and cut scenes - and then it ended!

Soldato
Looks like they spent all their time and money on cut scenes rather than campaign content.

I had a feeling the campaign was going to be a tacked-on afterthought, and a very short one at that.

CoD fans have been given a massive turkey with this campaign. Perhaps they were thinking that it’s so close to Christmas people wouldn’t mind! :p

You know it’s a short game when the end credits seem to be longer than the actual game itself! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like I will wait until it’s cheap before buying as I only play campaign. Only played MW2 about July this year.

Mack says some of the missions are garbage and some (80%) are good, AI is bad and too hand-holdy, loves the gun sounds and enemy reactions to the guns:

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like I will wait until it’s cheap before buying as I only play campaign. Only played MW2 about July this year.

Mac says some of the missions are garbage and some (80%) are good, AI is bad and too hand-holdy, loves the gun sounds and enemy reactions to the guns:

If you had paid £70 for this campaign, I can’t help feeling you would feel very disappointed.

It’s not a full campaign, 5-6 hours tops on harder difficulties.

Pre ordered this Tuesday and it’s downloaded today am I eligible to play the beta online atall? On PS.

Beta has been and gone. You can play the campaign, but won’t be able to play multiplayer until 10th November.

Soldato
Finished it this morning, what a **** poor campaign experience. Firstly, barely worked on PS5 (kept telling me to insert the MW2 disc, then had a random download I needed to do) so I ended up grabbing it on PC to play it.

Played around 2/3 hours last night then finished it off this morning.

It's so short, I think 5/6 hours was my total time?? It 100% feels like it was actually just the last 5 hours from the MW2 game that they pulled from last years game and then put into a new one.

Story was decent enough and I agree with others that the first mission was great. Makes sense why that was the only one they seemed to show in the trailers! I still don't like what they've done with some of the characters and it just feels like ever since MW2019's campaign they've just widely under-delivered. 2019 had a great single player campaign with some really memorable missions, it felt like a solid return to form for COD campaigns. MW2 was good, but tailed off at the end and the last mission was atrocious. For MW3, the first mission was great - then it just felt like filler and cut scenes - and then it ended!

Haha you guys got scammed by a ****** expansion pack

Insert mw2 disc hahaha **** me cherry on top!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finished the campaign earlier, couple of strong missions but mostly what felt like filler.

The first one is good, the dam and dangers close were also fun.

Soldato
I tried the campaign for this. Enjoyed the first one but then got 1/2 through the third and sacked it off. It was just like playing DMZ solo. Activision have really thrown Sledgehammer under the bus with this one.

Associate
Kill streaks in the very first modern warfare were the best, nothing useless, nothing that filler and nothing overpowering. After MW1 half the kill streaks have been copy cat filler, useless or overpowering
Use to love MW2 & MW3 kill streaks back in the day , miss the " Pav low " assault helicopter and the original " Predator Missile "
Its what cod players loved was the killstreaks and it was something to aim for now they are just weak and you need so many kills to get them , also they are far to easy to take down

I utter hate the gunsmiths on the new MW2 & MW3 , 7 attachments is crazy and really does not give any edge in my view
Why don`t they just keep it simple ?

Man of Honour
I just want to see what the zombies mode is going to be like.

I'm so disappointed to hear they've made the zombies mode completely different and follow DMZ/Warzone format

I loved the round based wave format, was so good with friends. We used to have games that lasted 2 hours+ sometimes. Now they've made it so you have to play with other random squads, it's limited to 45 minutes-1 hour and it's just an open map walking around looting and killing zombies. So disappointing. Why change it?

Back
Top Bottom