Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Nope, no flickering.
Framerate is locked to 100fps in game fps limit. 60fps in game menu fps limit, 30fps out of focus fps limit
Vsync I turn on (in all games) as Nvidia panel is set to application controlled. I researched and tested for many hours and found app controlled and vsync on in game menu to work best

EVGA GTX 1080Ti, stock setting with fan ramp on 45c (30% fan) with a straight line to 80c (100% fan)
Nvidia driver 441.20
PhysX driver 9.19.0218

The game now complains about GPU driver version being out of date on each load but I select No as have no problems

i7 [email protected]
16GB RAM
Win 10 pro 1909

Ah thanks for this bud.
I guess the fps limit to 100 is because you got a 100hz monitor?
Concerning vsync, doesnt this affect your online gaming at all? I heard there is input lag? Why have vsync on?

Interesting that you have no flickering... do you have gsync turned on?

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Came across my first cheat today, I was at the quarry on the roof and he was in the building on the ground floor. Kill cam showed him aiming at the ceiling and killing me.

Soldato
Ah thanks for this bud.
I guess the fps limit to 100 is because you got a 100hz monitor?
Concerning vsync, doesnt this affect your online gaming at all? I heard there is input lag? Why have vsync on?

Interesting that you have no flickering... do you have gsync turned on?
No probs :)
Correct, 100hz gsync monitor
No, doesnt appear to be any. Im sure if I gamed on a 165hz monitor or above I would notice but im quite used to 100hz/100fps. Latency im usually 20-35 so no problems

From experience, artifacts, flickering, flashing and GPU drivers are all down to overlock and/or heat on the GPU/GPU memory.
COD MW does hammer the GPU. On my stock settings it will runflat out constanty at 75c with the fan at almost 90%
Actual boost clock is not 1680mhz at all, it's actually 1936mhz
Basically it seems best to leave it at stock settings with aggressive fan curve and let it do it's stuff automatically

I have this
https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu.aspx?pn=9fe1dfc9-f386-453b-b647-ff95dedf3db6

Soldato
I was having something similar, found something that worked for me online and that was:

Boot into warzone lobby
Ctrl, alt, del to task manager
Details tab, find warzone
Right click, change the cpu priority to normal
Back to lobby and leave for 5-10 mins before launching a game.

Hasn't crashed since when using this method.

Yeah I just leave in lobby for 10min other wise I always crash

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Getting frustrated downloaded last weekend and haven't been able to get past the directx error on startup, tried everything online including the suggestions in this post. Any ideas?

Associate
This is a screenshot of the game for me. Overall the graphics aren't bad (they don't seem to be blurry now - perhaps the latest Nvidia drivers helped), but the text on the HUD is still weird looking :confused:

No idea how to fix that.

https://imgur.com/z15JJXg

Make sure your render resolution and resolution are set correctly, I have to reset them almost every time I load the game because it keeps setting it to 50% which means it's in 720p and not 1440p.

Soldato
Yeah I've got myself into the habit of checking the options before I start a game. I can often tell as the operator looks a bit blurry anyway.
Down to just the Kilo and Fal left to finish for platinum ARs.

Still getting that really annoying white glare behind cover.

Soldato
Something I dont get..... the game sets the refresh rate and maximum fps.
So when I have gysnc turned on, I still experience screen tearing at 100hz.

This only dissapears with vsync on.

I thought the whole point of gsync was to not have vsync on?

Soldato
Something I dont get..... the game sets the refresh rate and maximum fps.
So when I have gysnc turned on, I still experience screen tearing at 100hz.

This only dissapears with vsync on.

I thought the whole point of gsync was to not have vsync on?

Nope.

Ncp = vsync on
Ncp = gsync on
In game = vsync off

Your fps will max out at your refresh rate for gsync to work properly.. fps over your gsync refresh rate will cause tearing..

If u dont wanna use vsync then just limit your fps to 1 above your refresh rate etc 101.

In game graphic settings can do this as can afterburner.

Soldato
Yep. Also, try enabling ultra low latency mode in nvidia control panel.
I have and does seem better but maybe just placebo effect.
It’s not made it worse anyway. My fps is 60-100 so fits the exact spec for me

With “Ultra-Low Latency” mode, frames are submitted into the render queue just before the GPU needs them. This is “just in time frame scheduling,” as NVIDIA calls it. NVIDIA says it will “further [reduce] latency by up to 33%” over just using the Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames option.

Scratch that. It seesm better leaving it off (default) and setting the CPU priority from High to Normal on task manager in details when running the game

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope.

Ncp = vsync on
Ncp = gsync on
In game = vsync off

Your fps will max out at your refresh rate for gsync to work properly.. fps over your gsync refresh rate will cause tearing..

If u dont wanna use vsync then just limit your fps to 1 above your refresh rate etc 101.

Yep. Also, try enabling ultra low latency mode in nvidia control panel.
I have and does seem better but maybe just placebo effect.
It’s not made it worse anyway. My fps is 60-100 so fits the exact spec for me

With “Ultra-Low Latency” mode, frames are submitted into the render queue just before the GPU needs them. This is “just in time frame scheduling,” as NVIDIA calls it. NVIDIA says it will “further [reduce] latency by up to 33%” over just using the Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames option.

Scratch that. It seesm better leaving it off (default) and setting the CPU priority from High to Normal on task manager in details when running the game

This is why I love this forum. Thank you both. Very insightful.

Soldato
Nope.

Ncp = vsync on
Ncp = gsync on
In game = vsync off

Thanks again for this...
But doesnt MW have an option to set refresh in the settings and also to set the MAX fps so that it doesnt go over that?

Why does limiting it to 1fps over the refresh make all the difference?

Incidentally I have a 120Hz panel but am running it at 100hz. But am I better off going to 120hz so gsync works properly without worrying about vsync?

Soldato
Has anyone tried limiting FPS to cause the GPU to not hit 99%/100% load? It is supposed to cause way less input lag, at the expense of fps.

E.g. I have my fps capped at 100fps as have a 100hz gsync monitor and use gsync enabled in Nvidia control pancel and vsync enabled in game menu (application controlled in Nvidia control panel)
Apparently setting fps cap at 70fps in game will cause much less input lag. I tried it but couldnt tell the difference, other than reduced framerate
Unfortunately there is no input lag monitor in the game (in any game?) so something like a laser & camera would be required to measure the actual input lag
It would be good to see if the lowered (normal) CPU priority causes less input lag but have no way of measuring, other than just wiggling the mouse!

Back
Top Bottom