Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Associate
didnt bother with last one so tried this and its much better , not quite there but a few tweaks could improve that .

i liked the fact that if you liked the old hit marker sounds in the original mw you can enable them in the sounds menu , you might not think that matters but you now get a click when you get a headshot unlike the new sounds :)

Soldato
I hated the cave map. Partially because seeing out of the dark areas was fine but looking in to them and they are pitch black, I also just thought it didn't flow very well. I didn't mind the Hackney level as it meant I switch up my gameplay and run around like a loon with that double barreled shotgun.

I've also not properly played COD since the old MW days. I had a really brief spell with the last WW2 game but that lasted a couple of weeks before I found it unbearable to play. I found I really enjoyed the beta and am looking forward to this coming out.

Soldato
I'm hoping they improve the lighting a bit, it can be incredibly difficult to see inside buildings. They also need to work on the spawns and the weapon balancing. I found the MP5 absolutely slayed once I had the right attachments on it, plus the M4 and the M13 were good too, I didn't really rate any of the other weapons.

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Might just be enough for me to not bother with this game.

I was always cautious of what mtx nonsense they would pull and was hoping it would be somewhat consumer friendly...but blind lootboxes? Nope

Don
What is the hate for loot boxes out of interest? Is it because the guns that can be in them will create an unfair playing field? Or is it just the principal of them churning out more money from the consumer? I don't understand why anyone would spend money on them....

Soldato
Everyone knew it was coming of some sort.
I think in previous games they put more powerful weapons behind them essentially creating a pay to win dynamic to eek out more money from consumers. I've never bought any in any type of game so not 100% sure.

Caporegime
OP
What is the hate for loot boxes out of interest? Is it because the guns that can be in them will create an unfair playing field? Or is it just the principal of them churning out more money from the consumer? I don't understand why anyone would spend money on them....

It’s the fact they are blind gambling boxes with really really low odds of pulling them, almost forcing you to spend money for higher chances when they add weapons that are better than everything else.

If they gave you the option of buying them for £5/£10 whatever then I’d be less annoyed, but no they want people hunting for them indefinitely at the mercy of RNG.

**** that.

Caporegime
Well Activision have really dropped the ball with this game now.
The news of Survival being exclusive to PS4 for a year and that loot boxes with weapons in them, and they've dropped a "scrap" scheme similar to MW Remastered, has got people very angry
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d8vnxa/thegamingrevolution_supply_drops_will_have/
Good ole activision, almost ruined Bungie with Destiny 2 but thank god bungie told them they wanted out.

Now Bungie is doing better and destiny 2 is much better especially with the new dlc coming out next week.

Will never ever buy an activision game again.

Soldato
Devs since come out a twitter basically saying they can't change it above there pay grade shifting blame back to activision
It's true, they are ruled by Activision. It's gone from we want realism to the same old COD, loot boxes and now a 12 month exclusivity to a mode. I'm on PS4 so that wouldn't affect me but I've cancelled my pre-order anyway due to the former, will pick it up for the SP campaign when it drops in price or get it secondhand.

Soldato
The netcode for this game is worse than BO4

These point are taken from here https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarf...modern_warfare_beta_netcode_worse_than_black/

• Fully Dedicated Servers, no sign of Listen Servers (COD has never used P2P)

• VOIP (Game Chat) continues to expose player IPs

• In-game latency widget is inaccurate

• No HUD indicators for network performance issues

• Update (Tick) Rates:
    • Small/Medium Team Modes: ~64Hz Client / ~62Hz Server

• Large Team Modes: ~70Hz Client / ~24Hz Server
  • Average Delays - Small/Medium Team Modes:
    • Damage: ~99ms

• Gunfire: ~106ms

• Movement: ~110ms

• Overall bad, on-par with Black Ops 4's Blackout mode
  • Average Delays - Large Team Modes:

• Damage: ~136ms

• Gunfire: ~152ms

• Movement: ~156ms

• Overall bad, worse than Black Ops 4's Blackout mode
  • Average network delay for 6v6 and 10v10 are worse than Black Ops 4, Fortnite, PUBG, Battlefield V, Overwatch, and CSGO. Ground War (32v32) average network delay is also worse than Blackout.

• 62hz tick rates on Domination (both 6v6 and 10v10) and 21hz tick rate servers for Ground War.

• Devs still don't include some kind of icon like Battlefield, Rocket League, or IIRC Overwatch to let you know if there's server/connection issues.

• Like players on /r/ModernWarfare pointed out, the ping numbers shown on PC were in fact broken.

• All the games he played on were true dedicated servers. Voice chat was VOIP in the background though, which allowed you to see the IP addresses of everyone in the game (even if you disabled the voice chat).

• Connections favored the shooter. So shooting felt good, but often times the person being shot at would experience those instances where they felt like they would die instantaneously or after they had already gotten behind cover.

All of that explains why I had such a horrible experience with the beta. Rubbish spawns plus that awful netcode.

Soldato
  • Connections favored the shooter. So shooting felt good, but often times the person being shot at would experience those instances where they felt like they would die instantaneously or after they had already gotten behind cover.
All of that explains why I had such a horrible experience with the beta. Rubbish spawns plus that awful netcode.
This has always been a big issue, getting behind cover and being shot. In WWII it was getting to the point where I'd be behind cover, strafe out slowly only to be shot even before I could see around a corner... But the beta in the weekend I had none of this, not one instance, and people were going down fast every time, until they updated with the mini map etc, then it all went to **** and back to the usual as above.

Back
Top Bottom