Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Associate
Do you need a beta code to play this weekend or is it unlocking for all later today? Heard a few mixed answers.

If it's the same as the last PS4 beta, it'll open up tomorrow, but you won't be able to download the client until it actually switches to open. Think it was about 6pm in the UK

Soldato
:D

It's the most campiest of COD's I've played, literally everyone in some area where you can only see their forehead but they can see your whole body coming. I'm enjoying it but ultimately I am rubbish at it so far.
I agree, more camping, but it's always been a legitimate strategy and UAVs are up so often that typically everyone knows where everyone is. I quite enjoyed what I played last night, gun play felt fluid, animations are slick and sounds authentic. I can see me playing a lot of 2v2, really enjoyed the tension in that mode.

Man of Honour
I agree, more camping, but it's always been a legitimate strategy and UAVs are up so often that typically everyone knows where everyone is. I quite enjoyed what I played last night, gun play felt fluid, animations are slick and sounds authentic. I can see me playing a lot of 2v2, really enjoyed the tension in that mode.

That was the best mode back in one of the older CoDs that Alrik and I used to play.

Don
I actually think not having Ghosts may have contributed to my frustration. As there is near enough a UAV up constantly then the other team always knows where you are. You walk around a corner and there's always somebody waiting for you.

Yep, it does feel like a complete free for all at times, everyone running towards a red spot on the radar. I have a silencer on my m13 too so I feel a bit more at ease.

Soldato
I suspect this is going to be something easily circumvented by the PC crowd. Not to mention XIM users.

I think the days of pad vs pad servers are long gone. Not so bad if you have mad pad skills but for most of us mortals it just isnt any fun.

The Game Blocks you - I'm not sure how easy it is to circumvent but i know that if you select controller it doesn't response to the mouse in game for anything other than menus. Circumvention will result in a ban you'd hope - guess it can be fooled using the old converters people used to use for playstation but the same is true for the consoles

Soldato
Had game of ground war and standard tdm thought open beta so may as well, seemed okay, did seem a lot better than previous attempts even in the two games I played

Soldato
These maps are a campers dream! Also what's with the old style ghost where you don't have to move to be hidden from the radar and why aren't I rewarded for playing the objective? It's like this game is made for campers.

Soldato
I tried to enjoy black ops 4 but couldn’t stay hooked. Only grabbed an hour on this yesterday but from what I’ve played it’s a step in the right direction, some of the maps look great in HDR on X, the gunplay feels much better. It still has the typical COD shocking spawn system and some of the maps are a bit on the small side but I dare say I’ll probably grab this at launch, looking forward to a decent campaign.

I like that they’ve gone back to basics. Did I read right that all dlc will be free (bar micro transactions) this time round for parity? The cross play feature is long overdue as well and I hope this is a sign of other big franchises going the same way.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really don't like the minimap being enabled all the time now, thought they were making a point of not having it this time around? Was so much better without it. I get the feeling that when the beta started that may have been basically hardcore mode as people were dropping very quickly, since the minimap was enabled I'm getting lots more sponges taking a full mag. Gone from an average of 55/60 kills per game to around 35/40 :(

Ground war is really choppy and stuttery for me, still liking HQ the best thus far.

Seems like there's going to be a lot of modes and a solid SP campaign, makes last years campaign-less BO4 seem like a joke really, glad I steered well clear.

Back
Top Bottom