Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Soldato
Finally managed to get into MP - oddly, my Raspberry Pi was blocking the Activision part of the login somehow.

Up to rank 20 now and pretty much only play the Realism mode, turned off cross play though, as I'm not convinced that PC players can't trick the system and use a mouse and k/b - seemed to get a right battering before turning cross play off.

Having a headset on and sneaking around seems to be the way froward, that and fortifying a couple of rooms with team mates (aka camping!), but it just seems that I have seen all the maps over and over and over now!

Caporegime
OP
Cross play seems weird as hell, one game I was in was against a M/KB user and they wrecked everyone, watched the killcam and he was snapping to everyone instantly

Soldato
The one time I checked icons for cross play it was either xbox or a monitor which presumably is pc. I didn't see a single PS icon (I'm on xbox). Presumably PC gamers can just switch the graphics down and have a good sight advantage? Might turn off crossplay and see if it's just age catching up with me. :p

Associate
Finally managed to get into MP - oddly, my Raspberry Pi was blocking the Activision part of the login somehow.

Up to rank 20 now and pretty much only play the Realism mode, turned off cross play though, as I'm not convinced that PC players can't trick the system and use a mouse and k/b - seemed to get a right battering before turning cross play off.

Having a headset on and sneaking around seems to be the way froward, that and fortifying a couple of rooms with team mates (aka camping!), but it just seems that I have seen all the maps over and over and over now!

are you on console?

Soldato
The one time I checked icons for cross play it was either xbox or a monitor which presumably is pc. I didn't see a single PS icon (I'm on xbox). Presumably PC gamers can just switch the graphics down and have a good sight advantage? Might turn off crossplay and see if it's just age catching up with me. :p

It is the same on PS4. We don't see the Xbox logo. I had read it was due to each company not wanting the opposite companies logo being shown on their system.

Caporegime
OP

the monitor is PlayStation, if it was a PC user it would be a tower

Soldato
Cross play seems weird as hell, one game I was in was against a M/KB user and they wrecked everyone, watched the killcam and he was snapping to everyone instantly

Yep, pretty what we and a mate saw on a few games - one sniper had upwards of 30-odd kills and only 1-2 deaths; but he'd have pinpoint and almost instant accuracy.

Tbh, I'm **** enough as it is at CoD, last thing I need is someone with an unfair advantage.

Soldato

PC servers will be full of aimbot users. It was prolific hacking in cod AW that pushed me into console gaming back in 2014. The beta of BLOPS3 was the same - wasnt even released and aimbotters were in lobbies.

Its the trouble with rinse and repeat games like cod on PC - the hack providers dont have to do much work to get working hacks very quickly on new releases. It is compounded by platforms like steam doing very little even where there is conclusive evidence.

I have this game on both the PC and PS4 (got the latter with the game as same price as just the console) and the single game I played on MP on the PS4 I got owned 0-9. Could not aim fast enough and instantly snapped. I am sure the indicator said all PS4 players though so I assume I am just rubbish with a controller. Same map on PC opposite end got a 9-9 the next day. Still not fantastic I know, but made me feel better. :p

I'm just assuming I am terrible on console and am practicing against bots and am using the PS4 to play through the campaign as well. Should I turn off crossplay and give it another go?

On testing a private match btw, crossplay does seem to work pretty well.

Soldato
OMFG the quarry map it terrible! Spawned the quarry side and the other team took the bridge and spent the rest of game sniping all of us as we spawned over and over. It's not like you can even counter snipe as there's so many angles you just get sniped by someone else.

In a group this game is fun, when you can plan and communicate and play it more tactically. Solo play though is just rage inducing.

Soldato
Made the silly mistake of ordering from currys to get the free 3 months plus. They sent the game in the worlds largest box, big enough for a desktop pc, and surprise surprise the box is all busted up and the cover ripped.

I haz 4090!
Don
I have this game on both the PC and PS4 (got the latter with the game as same price as just the console) and the single game I played on MP on the PS4 I got owned 0-9. Could not aim fast enough and instantly snapped. I am sure the indicator said all PS4 players though so I assume I am just rubbish with a controller. Same map on PC opposite end got a 9-9 the next day. Still not fantastic I know, but made me feel better. :p

I'm just assuming I am terrible on console and am practicing against bots and am using the PS4 to play through the campaign as well. Should I turn off crossplay and give it another go?

On testing a private match btw, crossplay does seem to work pretty well.

Just keep playing mate, your thumbs will learn. There's no secret to getting better, and you'll get better quicker playing against people better than you. :)

Soldato
Just keep playing mate, your thumbs will learn. There's no secret to getting better, and you'll get better quicker playing against people better than you. :)

This is very true - its a great way to improve.

In my case i just cant do pads. Been almost exclusive console gaming since december 2014 after quitting PC gaming after 20 odd years. Im loads better than I was but theres definitely a disconnect between my brain and my thumbs. I get owned on cod on console. Used to MVP on PC all the time but on console im lucky if I can get positive K : D! :p

I still enjoy trying though and happy its generally a fair playing field. Blown away by some of the pad skills of my mates. Strangeley one of my mates who rocks on pad cant do mouse and keyboard for toffee. Go figure.

Soldato
This is very true - its a great way to improve.

In my case i just cant do pads. Been almost exclusive console gaming since december 2014 after quitting PC gaming after 20 odd years. Im loads better than I was but theres definitely a disconnect between my brain and my thumbs. I get owned on cod on console. Used to MVP on PC all the time but on console im lucky if I can get positive K : D! :p

I still enjoy trying though and happy its generally a fair playing field. Blown away by some of the pad skills of my mates. Strangeley one of my mates who rocks on pad cant do mouse and keyboard for toffee. Go figure.

I'm similar to yourself but switched to console about 10 years ago. I'm pretty good with a pad and now pretty rubbish with a mouse and keyboard.
I've got a spare PS4 pad that I plan to use on my laptop actually as I just feel more comfortable with it now.

Back
Top Bottom