Call of Duty Vanguard

Caporegime
Zombies feels like a last minute bolt on, the release map is hot garbage and the guns all feel like pea shooters with really bad tinny sounds. Disappointed.

Permabanned
Zombies feels like a last minute bolt on, the release map is hot garbage and the guns all feel like pea shooters with really bad tinny sounds. Disappointed.

If you claim the guns feel like pea shooters with tinny sounds. I suspect the Campaign might be short, like 4hours long :confused: that's pricey for £50.

Caporegime
If you claim the guns feel like pea shooters with tinny sounds. I suspect the Campaign might be short, like 4hours long :confused: that's pricey for £50.

I haven't touched SP to be honest, but the guns truly are tinny as anything. Even a Garrand that should have a really satisfying thump sounds like garbage. The MP40 is literally lol'worthy.

Also you pack a punch a gun and the gunshot sound is exactly the same. It doesn't sound enhanced at all, its completely half arsed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watched the PlayStation Access stream of this earlier, can't say I'm hugely interested but visually it looked great, the lighting in particular was very impressive.

Associate
Picked it up for the PS5 on a whim and very much enjoying it.

Campaign is a bit mixed. Some great missions, and some forgettable ones, with some nice moments like the burning windmill. But I suspect it will be short.

Multiplayer feels pretty great, the speed and flow of the matches plays well.

Soldato
I watched worth a buys campaign review, that alone is enough for me to pass.

I've usually enjoyed cods campaigns, I liked the mw reboot and cold War, this one looks laughable

Soldato
If you play with keyboard and mouse it's a pain at the moment. When the controller goes to sleep the whole screen gets covered with a "you need a controller to play this game" message and I have to scramble about and turn it on again, not ideal during Zombies.

The lack of round based stuff is not great, it feels very bare. Think I'll go back to Cold War until it's been fleshed out a bit more.

SP looks and plays great, had a quick spin on MP but not long enough to gauge much.

Don
I’m not sure on the longevity of this game with sbmm, I’m just getting destroyed by people who are a lot better than me, I would say I’m a half decent player but these kids are on another level. Can we not go back to the old days

Caporegime
OP
I’m not sure on the longevity of this game with sbmm, I’m just getting destroyed by people who are a lot better than me, I would say I’m a half decent player but these kids are on another level. Can we not go back to the old days

this was my experience yesterday as well, was absolutely brutal and I just got steam rolled by people. I felt like I was fodder for these cracked out players sliding and jumping and pre aiming on 12 sensitivity, very miserable experience.

I get it, I’m old now and the new kids have taken over but like you say I’m not a bad player but doing well just leads to absolute frustration because the SBMM thinks you’re way better than you are.

Soldato
Played a few games and it’s actually alright! Can see me playing it for a while.

this was my experience yesterday as well, was absolutely brutal and I just got steam rolled by people. I felt like I was fodder for these cracked out players sliding and jumping and pre aiming on 12 sensitivity, very miserable experience.

I get it, I’m old now and the new kids have taken over but like you say I’m not a bad player but doing well just leads to absolute frustration because the SBMM thinks you’re way better than you are.

LOLZ! I had a feeling you'd soon start complaining about the game and it didn't take long :p:cry:

People just need to face up to the fact that the COD we used to love 10+ years ago is dead. It ain't coming back.

Caporegime
OP
LOLZ! I had a feeling you'd soon start complaining about the game and it didn't take long :p:cry:

People just need to face up to the fact that the COD we used to love 10+ years ago is dead. It ain't coming back.

I’m not complaining, I do enjoy the game, it’s a great feeling CoD IMHO, it’s just the SBMM is absolutely brutal.

What I am blown away by though is how much is simply broken…eg you can’t get gold camo on some guns because it tells you to a perk that doesn’t exist in the game!

Don
I’m not complaining, I do enjoy the game, it’s a great feeling CoD IMHO, it’s just the SBMM is absolutely brutal.

What I am blown away by though is how much is simply broken…eg you can’t get gold camo on some guns because it tells you to a perk that doesn’t exist in the game!

Yep, I like it. I like the variety of maps, both large, medium and small, I'm sure people that have seen me post in the COD threads in the past decade that I only play TDM, so the the number of maps and different team sizes each game is nice. Like anti says though, it's just really difficult to do well :p

I'm going to churn through the camos, levelling each gun. Definitely looking forward to Pacific by the end of the year.

Soldato
Enjoying the maps well there is some I dont like, the Das Haus option in the menu dosnt seem to be playing in 24/7? after the match it goes to another map everytime.

Loving STG 44 now I have it at level 63 and some good unlocks it destroys.

As already mentioned the SBMM has ruined Cod for years now im 35 and cant keep up with the lightning quick reactions of kids.

Back
Top Bottom