Can you crack it? - GCHQ

Probably not, i don't know what G or Q are. If you can it should be relatively easy with some sort of catalytic wool, maybe some pieces of ceramic, a test tube, clamp stand, rubber bong with a hole in it for a rubber tube, a rubber tube, a tub full of water and some more test tubes. Oh, and a Bunsen Burner :D

Having issues with my code for the virtualised CPU....

Will have another crack at stage 2 tomorrow, too tired now :p, stage 1 was rather easy though once I figured out it was assembly instructions:D

I work with a guy who solved a thing like this that was backed by GCHQ.

Google Cyber Security Challenge UK

There is no code

Don't you get it guys, it's very clever ... there is NO code.. you simply need to do what the website says:

Enter "Keyword:"

So enter "Keyword:" as the keyword!!! ;)

I wanted to work there for many years after uni, but as time has gone on I've got more settled in my location and obviously pay has increased to a stage where it's pretty unlikely I'd be able to do it now :(

Shame as would be a decent career move.

I work with a guy who solved a thing like this that was backed by GCHQ.

Google Cyber Security Challenge UK

I forgot to sign up for that this year but a friend did and has got through to some round where he's got to go somewhere to do the next bit.

Not sure if he's going to go though.

Last edited:
Blimey, I only just noticed that also.

Maybe everyone on the forum just wants the answer and how to guide :)

I also just noticed it is near the top of google when you search, probably has added a few thousand views.

re - Pay,

The director wants to pay the staff more but his hands are tied by big gov.

Check recent press with regards to so called 'internet wizzes' leaving for better paid 'cyber' jobs (google, av vendors, MS etc)

25K + amazing training and fantastic work is really not so bad, plus your CV after 5 years will earn you a lot more if/when you leave.

For someone just starting out then I agree it's a fantastic opportunity, for a grad it'd be great as the lower banding salary is far from horrific fresh out of uni and will set you up very well for the future.

But for an existing professional in this field it's not an attractive offer, although to be honest I don't think that's the sort of people they want. Think they want the young fresh out of uni types personally.

Back
Top Bottom