Poll: Canadian Grand Prix 2017, Montréal - Race 7/20

Rate the 2017 Canadian Grand Prix out of Ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Based on what? It seems to ebb and flow from race to race

What you are saying makes no sense. Ocon was clearly faster than Perez and might well have been able to take Ricc.

No one will ever know but i think Vettel would have finished 5th if Perez had let Ocon through.

Call me crazy but seen as FI had the data i trust them over you :p

Ocon was clearly faster, but completely unable to attack him? Ocon never looked close enough to pass Perez. Both were being held up by Ricciardo, if both got passed Ricciardo they'd have likely pulled away from him. To me a car clearly faster than the one ahead will be pushing, closer down the straights and looking to overtake. Faster is faster, yet he never really closed the gap.

The last time I remember a driver getting within a second but never looking very close and asking the team to pass was Rosberg in Hungary, Hamilton said let him get closer, I ain't dropping back and damn right. Then within a few laps Rosberg was dropping back himself.

Max was all over the back of Ricciardo but didn't want to dive bomb him when he asked for the same thing but had he been in a different car to Ricciardo he'd absolutely have put it up the inside.

You have to be ALL OVER the back of a team mate before asking to be let through, not just within a second. If you can't gain and get closer than 8-9/10ths, then you aren't 'faster' enough.

Caporegime
Ocon was clearly faster, but completely unable to attack him? Ocon never looked close enough to pass Perez. Both were being held up by Ricciardo, if both got passed Ricciardo they'd have likely pulled away from him. To me a car clearly faster than the one ahead will be pushing, closer down the straights and looking to overtake. Faster is faster, yet he never really closed the gap.

The last time I remember a driver getting within a second but never looking very close and asking the team to pass was Rosberg in Hungary, Hamilton said let him get closer, I ain't dropping back and damn right. Then within a few laps Rosberg was dropping back himself.

Max was all over the back of Ricciardo but didn't want to dive bomb him when he asked for the same thing but had he been in a different car to Ricciardo he'd absolutely have put it up the inside.

You have to be ALL OVER the back of a team mate before asking to be let through, not just within a second. If you can't gain and get closer than 8-9/10ths, then you aren't 'faster' enough.

Well we will have to agree to disagree. Horner and Lauda just thought the same as me as well so ill go with them and Force India. Sorry DM :p

Man of Honour
Great race, really enjoyed it and all the drivers were pushing hard. Great drive by Vettel and the FI guys. Not long until Ric passes Kimi in the standings.

Soldato
Great race, really enjoyed it and all the drivers were pushing hard. Great drive by Vettel and the FI guys. Not long until Ric passes Kimi in the standings.

Agreed. There must be something in the timing of the F1 calendar to make sure you have a 90% chance of a good race after a 100% guaranteed dross race, just to keep up the interest.

Caporegime
Force India really screwed the pooch there. Ocon should have been released far earlier and could have given Ricciardo a run for his money. A Stronger voice on the Radio should have been there I feel. Vettel was coming hard and even with Kimi's problems there would have been no way on earth that Kimi wouldn't have let him past easily. At the very least they'd have got fourth and fifth instead of fifth and sixth. Poor decision making as some teams when up at the sharp end when not used to it have also found out. You need to make a decision quickly then order the drivers to do it. Perez probably feels justified in that he finished ahead of Ocon but it shouldn't have been that way.

Man of Honour
Now that was a better race, from 3rd place back anyway. I really don't like Vettel but I would have given him driver of the day for that excellent recovery drive. I have mixed feelings about Force India and if they were going to let Ocon pass Perez then they should have done it straight away while his tyres still had some life in them. Sainz was just brainless today. As for McLaren, what more is there to say. Ditch Honda now!! I would give it a 7/10 and the highest score I have given so far this year.

Back
Top Bottom