Canned food aeroplane

Soldato
I've been to France many times, in hotels, self-catering and camping. One thing I noticed is that they have many supermarkets and many shops just like we do.

Bring? Are you in France?

Are you in France as well?

"take", surely? ;)

Thank you, I thought I was the only one who gets annoyed by this. I have been known to shout at the TV when people say they're going to "bring the kids to school". No you're not, you're going to take the kids to school. You can't bring something to place you're not already at.

Associate
OP
Been to Fance many times, yes they have super hypermarkets their wine sections are 1/3 of the shop. Also love the food, esp the bread MMMMM, could quite happily eat a whole stick.

Caporegime
OP leaves Norwich in his 2012 plate Ford Mondeo (sensible car, nice action), heads to the M11, then M25, A2 and M20. Channel Tunnel - back of the net!

But what's this? France is full of non-English words and weird food like ... baguettes? Some weird doughy submarine! Thank heavens he remembered to take his 79p beef curry in a tin (beef content: 3%)

What a holiday!

Soldato
I used to eat it all the time when I was carp fishing. Tinned curry, stew, Bolognese. My favourite was Stagg Dynamite chilli. My bivvy was very windy at night time :p
Oh I’ll give you that, if our camping or overnighting in the wilderness a tin or 3 of ropey grub is perfectly acceptable. Humping it with you to France isn’t! ;)

I’ve scoffed my fair share or dodgy cuisine while wild camping and endured many a weapons grade biological release while under the ‘tarpaulin’ :p

Caporegime
For me, self catering is a misnomer. Whenever I’ve gone self catering, I have no intention of cooking food myself. I think of it as an eating out holiday.

Going to France and living off ASDA smartprice curry. Holiday of a lifetime!

Commissario
For me, self catering is a misnomer. Whenever I’ve gone self catering, I have no intention of cooking food myself. I think of it as an eating out holiday.

Agreed. The only thing in the kitchen of any self catering holiday place that gets used is the fridge to keep the tonic in and the freezer for the ice!

Soldato

Going to France and living off ASDA smartprice curry. Holiday of a lifetime!
Just doesn’t make sense. I’d get it if the OP was going on holiday to Botswana or Mogadishu but it’s France.

I’m wondering if this is really a troll thread!

Caporegime
As a Brit I had just assumed I probably couldn't eat food abroad. Probably make me ill, right?

Been on loads of holidays in Europe and always took a couple sliced white loaves and tinned meat/tuna fish to make sandwiches.

What if there's some kind of foreign bacteria over there that my stomach can't process?

So yeah, keep your bargets and your Frank-furthers. I'll have a nice spam sandwich any day.

Back
Top Bottom